Telecaster Blackout review by Fender

Fender: Telecaster Blackout

Purchased from: MusiciansFriend.com

Nice guitar, very warm sound, not bassy enough for my tastes though. The pickups are excellent for classic rock crunch, but they don't provide enough low end for metal riffs. The pearly gates pickup also has excellent cleans, and the SH1 is reverse polarity, so you can get an out-of-phase tone by switching them both on. Pretty versatile over all, but don't expect Les Paul heaviness or Standard Tele twang, but you can nail just about everything in between.

I play every style of music from jazz to metal. It doesn't hit either extreme well, but that's not what I bought it for. It's a great classic rock/blues/punk guitar. The only things I would change: I would like higher gain, bassier pickups, and I would like seperate volume controls. I might wire in volume controls, and swap out the neck pickup. It is a great guitar though.

This thing can take a beating, but I won't give it one, I like it too much. Strap buttons are/were great. I installed straplocks, always the first thing I do when I get a guitar. I never gig without a backup, I usually bring two. But I am as comfortable with this guitar as any other. Finish is top-notch.

Well, mine came poorly setup, because it had been left sitting in a warehouse for over a year (hence the low price), but it was a quick fix and the finsh and such were flawless.

Made in Korea. Dual SD pickups: Pearly Gates in the bridge, and SH1RP in the neck. 22 frets. Basswood body with a maple neck. No inlays. Master volume and tone, with a pickup selector.

p2fyre
    i've got one of these and they're amazing for the price. I put a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and now it's perfection. The Tone Zone handles all my rock and metal needs.. whilst the 59' in the neck sounds amazing for cleans
    p2fyre
    i paid 330 for mine. The Korean (special editions) are excellent and a lot better than the mexican standards.
    diddykoi6
    angusyoung_sg wrote: not a fan of the looks but i guess you have to be a tele fan (wich i'm not)
    Angelus Mortem
    That's no Tele. Where is the "Lipstick" pickup and the sigle coil? A Tele with dual humbuckers? WTF?
    Emergancy Exit
    so bottom review is of the 3x single coil and the other 2 are of the HH model right? im thinking about getting one of theese and switching pickups ive decided on the twang king for neck but havent decided on bridge or middle i want a very versitle setup with emphisis on bluesy/twangy sounds. dont want to play metal on it but want to play hard rock and southern rock as well as jazz/blues