Telecaster Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Telecaster Deluxe

Purchased from: Guitar Focus

I play a little of all styles, and this beauty can stand up to anything I throw it's way. It can be deep and crunchy for your metal tastes, or bright and twangy for your country needs. I play this guitar through a Boss TU-2 into a Crybaby wah into a Fender M-80 SS 1X12. I have found it to be a little noisy, but nothing that's really noticable, you have to be in a very quiet room to hear it.

Overall, this is a great guitar that can do anything you want it to and if it was stolen I would by another two. The humbuckers are great very full sounding, and can go deep and warm to bright and twangy with the flip of a switch and the turn of a knob. The only feature I wish it had was coil-taps for even greater versatility.

This guitar is built like a tank, and will stand up to anything you throw at it. The hardware definitely feels like it will last, and the strap buttons are as solid as concrete, but I plan to replace them with strap-locks like I do with all my guitars. I haven't had any problems with it yet, and I would definitely gig with out a backup.

When I got my guitar about 2 months ago, the action was perfect, and remains perfect. I had to raise the pickups just a hair, but that was mostly out of personal preferences. The only problem I have had is two of the screws for the neck pickup will not stay tight, but it does not affect the pickup stability at all.

Mine is actually a 2006 Diamond Anniversary reissue '72 Deluxe, made in Mexico. Body is a solid block of alder with a walnut polyester finish, one piece "C" shape maple neck with a gloss polyurethane finish and a maple fingerboard with a 12" radius and 21 medium-jumbo frets. Tuning machines are Fender/Schaller Vintage "F" style slotted. Pickups are Fender wide-range humbuckers with chrome covers. Bridge is a Vintage Strat string thru HardTail. Comes with a Fender deluxe gig bag.