Tom DeLonge Strat review by Fender

Fender: Tom DeLonge Strat

Purchased from: friend

This guitar is perfect for punk rock which is what I mainly play but seriously lacks when trying to play any other forms of music. The double humbucker projects a nice deep sound but is very annoying since there is only a single volume knob and no tone knob this is the worst part of this guitar.

For punk music I play such as RHCP, Strokes, Blink 182 and Taking Back Sunday this is an incredible guitar. If it were stolen I would contemplate between buying this or a very similar Fender Strat. I have been playing a year now and practic hours a day and this guitar is incredible for a begginer or intermediate player for its ease to use. If I could change anything about this guitar I would add 1 Strat single coil pickup at the neck for a better deeper sound.

This guitar will withstand live playing since obviously Tom Dolange has done it hundreds of times with similar models I also would play this guitar without a backup every time. The strap buttons are firmly on with pieces of felt protecting the incrdible glossy finish, I have never had the strap come undon playing live. This is a very dependible guitar like all fenders as long as you make sure to watch the screws on the pickups. Overall this is a very dependible guitar.

When I bought this guitar it was in decent shape with several scratches on the back but oddly all of the screws and springs holding the pickup in place had come out and the double humbucker would roll around every time I played. This really pissed me off after a couple months so one day after school i drove over to guitar center and there guitar tech fixed it in 5 minutes and it only cost 25$. This guy did an incredible job fixing my guitar though and now the action is great and is perfectly ready for playing.

- Made in Mexico - 21 frest - Slender maple neck with tuners - Single seymour duncan double humbucker