Tom DeLonge Strat review by Fender

Fender: Tom DeLonge Strat

Purchased from: EBay

I play pop/punk Blink 182 stuff, so this is perfect for me, and I use it with a 10watt Marshall amp, and it sounds really good. For optimum sound have the gain on 2, and contour on full, and that sounds nice and bright. If you want variety, don't get this guitar, full stop.

Overall, I love this guitar. I love it looks, it sound, and its general feel. It's perfect for anyone who wants to play punk rock or generally bright sounding music, clean or distorted. I've been playing for 2 years, and all I own is this, a Yamaha Pacifica 012, my amp (mentioned earlier), and thats it (I really need a foot pedal though). This is defiantly my fave possession, and if it were stolen, I would try and claim the money on the isurance and search very hard for another one!

I'm inexperienced, so I don't know if it will withstand a gig, but it's taken a lot of band practice without any problems, and it's solid, so you shouldn't need a backup. My strap falls off alot, but it's because the strap is pretty worn, it's nothing to do with the buttons. I imagine this guitar had been in use for a few years, and when I recieved it the finish was still nice.

This guitar was second hand, but it almost perfect condition apart from one small chip on the side of the neck, but I cant notice any manufacturing flaws, unlike my first guitar where the bridge had been fitted too low and the strings buzzed.

I love this guitar, I have the surf green colour, and I think it's really nice, but the actually guitar probably would satisfy some guitarists, as it only has 1 pickup setting (Seymor Duncan) and it wouldn't be advisable for someone who plays heavy music, but it's awesome for a nice light tone. I've only been playing guitar for two years (this is my second guitar) so I'm not an expert on guitar features. It was custom made for Tom Delonge in 1998 (I think) in Mexico.