Tom DeLonge Strat review by Fender

Fender: Tom DeLonge Strat

I play mostly all kinds of music. All kinds of punk mostly (alternative/posthardcore/indie). And this guitar could not get better. If you're looking for a big fat sound, this is it. I highly recomend for you to play it with Ernie Ball Super Slinkys, due to the fact that the neck is really wide. Good distortion, but a messy clean beacuse of the pickup. This guitar is the creator of feedback, it gives you way too much feedback and that can really be a pain sometimes.

Overall I give this guitar a 9 because it suits my music perfect, but the feedback is a huge problem and bothers the heck out of me.

I've had this guitar for two years now, and it looks brand new, I've used it two good years through shows, practices, gigs, jams, you name it. The hardware will last a long time. The surf green color is fading at the bottom because of having it on the rubber stand too much. But that's it. I would use this guitar as a backup only, and sometimes use it the whole time for a show, but it's not that reliable.

The guitar did not contain any flaws. It's perfect for all kind of rock. Mostly all kinds of punk. But like I said, too much feedback. I've dropped it, it has fallen, I've hit the neck with my room door 1,000 times, and it doesn't have a scratch. I love it.

This is a 2003 TD Strat made in Mexico. 21 medium jumbo frets. Surf green color. One volume knob and the Seymour Duncan Invader pickup. String thourgh body and HardTail bridge. '70s headstock. Vintage tuners. Rosewood fretboard, mahogany neck and a pearloid pickguard.