Tom DeLonge Strat review by Fender

Fender: Tom DeLonge Strat

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I have many styles I play in, but I've developed my own sound, which every guitarist should do, but this guitar helped me get the crunchy disortion I needed. I have a Crate Blue Voodoo head going to a Kustom cab with 4 super 65' Celestion speakers. I also use a DigiTech DF7 Distortion Factory pedal or my Line 6 distortion modeler (either one sounds like heaven). I could also you my Boss Overdrive. For my effects I use a flanger for my cleans. With these pedals this guitar isn't noisy at all. Distortion is awesome! The clean channel needs some tweaking around a bit, but you can get wonderful cleans if you take your time with your settings. I use a flange for the clean and I love it. I'd say this guitar is mainly for punk (obviously), emo, hardcore, metal, and rock. If your looking to play some country, good luck!

Well, the music I write has a little emo-screamo-pop punk sound to it, but it's totally orginal. This guitar suits me well. I don't like to use the word genre because I can't think of one my band would fall into. My music just reflects who I am if you will. I've been playing for 6 years or so and I still find myself enjoying this guitar just as much as I did when I 1st got it. The disotion rips and the cleans are shimmering when set right. So if you do a lot of clean to distortion I suggest this guitar. If some one stole it, it would be hard to find another one, I'd prolly find the dude who took it first! Furthermore, I know that reviews help you get ideas about certain products, but I advise you to actually try out the gear first. Everyone has personal preferance, so if this sounds like the perfect guitar after reading these reviews make sure you play it before rushing off to buy it because I don't want you to get disappointed if it's not everything you thought it'd be!

Used it in many gigs and it's never failed me. I never had a back up guitar until I bought a Gibson les paul which I've owned for about 8 months, but I never really thought of buying a "backup" guitar because it's that reliable. Fender makes amazing products and that's a striaght up fact!

It's been a few years that I've owned this guitar, but as far as I can remember it was made very precisely. The color was absolutely astonishing, and all the components were well put together. The only thing I can recall having a problem with was the string saddles at the top of the guitar (by this I mean the plastic piece that holds the string at the top of the neck). That piece got a little loose so I just pulled it off and glued it back on, since then it's been perfect. Keep in mind that I have owned this guitar for 3-4 years, and this problem occured 3 years after I bought it.

Fender + 1 Seymour Invader pickup + 1 volume knob = one rockin guitar! Although made in mexico, this Strat puts out some awesome distortion. It's just a stripped down guitar that is amazing dollar for dollar.