Tom DeLonge Strat review by Fender

Fender: Tom DeLonge Strat

Purchased from: eBay

My band plays alot of punk rock and alternative so it really fits. I use it with a Marshall JCM900 (the same one tom delonge uses) half stack with one 4X12 cab. It sounds really nice with hardly any feedback. It has a full rich sound to match with it. It has a lot of variety. I can get a really smooth clean sound and a dirty gritty tone too.

I play mostly punk rock, alternative, and emo so it works perfectly with the right settings. I've been playing for about a year and a half and I own a Gibson Les Paul, a Squier Strat (my first guitar), a Taylor 110 electro-acoustic, a Fender P-Bass, and a Marshall JCM900 half stack with a 4X12 cab. I would have liked to play it before I bought it online. If it were lost/stolen I would have to buy it again. I love the simplicity of it, yet the different tones I can get with my amp. My favorite feature is the fact that it has one knob only, which is all that is necessary for good music. The white perloid pickguard looks really nice with the daphne blue body.

I would definitely play with this, and I am going to in my next two gigs. The hardware definitely seems durable. I'm going to replace the strap buttons with Dunlop straplocks just because its safer, as they are not that dependable. I would definitely use it without a backup, but I will use backups for alternate tuning. The finish is good enough to last and I will keep playing this for a while.

The guitar had absolutly no flaws. The tuning pegs, pickups, frets, and everything else was set up perfectly.

This is a really nice guitar. I have it in a daphne blue color. It was made in Mexico, but I'm not sure about the year. It has 21 medium jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard. It has a Strat body with a string-thru body and a hard tail bridge. It only has one Seymore Duncan Invader humbucking in the bridge position, controlled by one volume knob. The tuners are Botoh. It came with a hardcase which is just a simple rectangle fitted Strat case.