Tom DeLonge Strat review by Fender

Fender: Tom DeLonge Strat

Purchased from: Guitar center

The guitar is pretty much a dream come true for me. I play punk rock and that's what this is made for. The invader makes a sweet distorion sound that would be sweet for punk and metal. Everyone says the clean on this guitar suck. It sucks if your playing blues or somehting but for any type of rock, it sounds fine to me. I play this through a B-52 AT-100 tube ehad through a Fender FM 412 cabinet. I can make it sound just like any Live Blink stuff or any rock music really. I play in a band that's sort of an indie/ pop punk type thing. We have a couple songs that are lightly overdriven chordy songs and this guitar handles it surprisingly well. I never use any pickups that aren't bridge pickups. the only time there useful is when emulating acoutics and I have other guitars for that. plus the switches and knobs get in my way when I play. The distortion on this guitar blows me away tone wise and the clean is fine. I was playing some police stuff the other day with a Boss chorus and a phaser on clean and it sounded fine.

This guitar is pretty much perfect for anyone Who dosnt want to spend a lot of time with knobs and switches, and knows they want a loud guitar sweet lookign guitar. The only thing though is I hate the tuner pegs. They look ok but there Vintage and a pain in the butt to re-string compared to the traditonal tuners. I've played about 3 shows with it so far and people are always coming up to me saying "that's such a sick guitar". It's really cheap but really rare so look out for one.

Yes, very reliable. even though it's been "frankensteined" it feels completey durable and I think it will last. The pickup I took out of my squire is sort of old and begininng to rust so I will probably get a new one when I get more cash but it's not affecting the sound. I jump around and throw my guitar around all the time and it's showing no sign of wear or anything.

This guitar is pretty decently set up and all. I bought it used and the person Who had it before me had installed an EMG 81 (active) and a tone knob. I rewired the whole thing. I wanted to order the white invader like what's originally but couldnt afford it. I took an invader out of an old squire I never play anymore and put it in. sounds sweet. having the 2 knobs was kind of a good thing actually. I removed the tone knob to discover the volume was too far up and I hit it while palm muting, so I moved it to the lower hole where the tone knob was and put a little white sticker on the empty hole.

According to Fender's website, this guitar was made in 2001. It's a Japanese Fender. It's grafitti yellow (glows in the effing dark bassically) 21 frets. the neck is sweet because it feels thinner than a normal Fender neck but it isnt significantly thinner like the '80s guitars. It's a rosewood. it's a non-trem HardTail bridge. It's got one passive Seymour Duncan Invader and one volume knob. that's it. comes with some old school Vintage tuners. mine came with these weird star shaped straplocks which I kept on (hey, free straplocks).