Tom DeLonge Strat review by Fender

Fender: Tom DeLonge Strat

Purchased from: Ebay

This guitar is perfect for pop punk/punk. I use a shitty Line 6 spider 3, 30 watt amp usually on the insane channel. This guitar gives you the crunch you've been looking for. The distortion is amazing! As for the clean tones, I find them to be a bit dull. But, if you turn the volume knob down a bit it sounds much better. Overall, this guitar sounds amazing!! and I play a lot of Blink 182 so, can't say it doesn't sound good!

Perfect for pop punk. I've been playing guitar for 3 years and before this guitar I've played a 1989 Peavey Falcon (Strat copy) and I always wanted a tom delonge. so, when it finally came I got one and love it! I haven't played my other guitar since. And I bought the delonge about 2 months ago I think. If this guitar was stolen I would definatly get another one. But I would try to get a graffiti yellow delonge because they're more rare and I think they look better. I love how simple this guitar is. Just plug in, turn up the volume and go. My favourite features are it's a hrdtail, so there's not a huge plastic rectangle on the back of it!! and the invader humbucker. and the look of it, cause what other guitar comes with a retro 50's colour and a pearloid pickguard WITH a humbucker? Before I bought the delonge, I wanted to get a Epiphone Les Paul Custom (white and black) but hen I sen how much the delonges were going for and thought, if I didn't like it I could sell it and probably get more than what I payed for it. But I kind of still wished I would of got a les paul. But the thing the delonge has that the Les Paul doesn't have is a thin body and I like Strat bodies. If you play pop punk, want a cool looking guitar, and a guitar that sounds amazing, get the delonge. There becoming more rare and harder to find so grab one if you can!

This guitar seems like it will handle anything you throw at it. Not literally. Everything seems to be made strong (on the Fender model anyways) and I would definatly play it at a gig even with no backup. This guitar stays in tune good too, so you won't have to tune it after ever song or ever other song. I play about 4 hours a day sometimes and don't tune it for a week usually.

The action is good for punk rock. I love the action on this guitar. It's perfect. Bought the guitar with no flaws or anything wrong with it. The finish is nice! Love the surf green colour. And I think with these Fender delonges, the paint is thicker than my Peavey Falcon Strat copy, so if you ever bump it into something, it probly won't hurt it as much. With my Peavey, it somehow got bumped on something and there's a chip right to the wood but it looks like they just put one coat of paint and one coat of clean and that's it. The Delonge is built a whole lot better.

I have a 2002 Fender Tom Delonge surf green Strat. It was made in mexico. For the rest ofthe specs you can get from other reviews. This guitar has only 1 humbucker which is amazing and one volume controll. The humbucker is a Seymour Duncan Invader. I bought this guitar on ebay and it came with a soft case. This is the BEST Tom DeLonge Strat I've ever seen, I'm so lucky I got it. The guy I bought it from only played it for 1 hour then put it away. and it even still has the plastic on the pickguard, no scratches, blemishes or anything.