VG Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: VG Stratocaster

Price paid: C$ 1769.99

Purchased from: Music City

What makes the VG Special is the Roland pickup which allows the you to change the tuning, and pickup without turning the tuning keys. With this Added on you can make your Strat sound like a Telecaster, humbucket sound, Strat sound and acoustic as well as a your normal sound of the guitar. There is a tuning dial which allows you to play in Standard, dropped D, open G, Baritone and 12-string. I play rock, blues, punk, metal, pop, and sometimes, but rarly ska. I am using a Fender GDEC and I tryed it out on a Taylor tube amp. I currently do not use any pedals because I have effects built in to my amp. the guitar is not noisy and has rich/full sound. the VG has a lot of variety.

I play rock, blues, punk, metal, pop, and it seems to be an excellent match for my style of music. I have been playing since 2005. I am one of those people that excel really well in music and can pickup anything and learn it really fast. I also own a Squier Stratocaster. I hadn't had anything that I wished for before I bought the VG. If someone stole it, I would replace it and wouldn't get a different one to replace it. My favorite feature of this guitar is the varible tunings and sounds it can make. I Strongly recomend this guitar to anyone who can afford it. Every Fender guy out there should have one.

The VG would be perfect to play live just make sure your batteries are good and you have spares because you will not be able to use all the features if the batteries are dead. If your batteries go dead you will be using a regular American Strat, which there is nothing wrong with it. You just won't have any of the full feature. I can depend on it. I would have a back up on a gig only because strings do break. The finish is good enough to last, and doesn't seem thin and easy to wear off with a lot of playing.

Every thing was well adjusted. nothing was flawed or poor quality. Fender seems to make sure it doesn't happen. There was no misaligned bracing, no poorly filed fretwire or finish flaws, poor quality wood, rusted or oxidized hardware, loose tuning pegs, poorly cut nut, poorly fit saddle, noisy pickup selector or even loose controls.

The VG was made in 2007 in USA. It has 22 medium jumbo Frets on your choice of maple or rosewood. It has a Alder body is an American Strat body with a Polyurethane finish. The bridge is a american 2-point synchronized tremolo with stainless steel saddles. The pickups are 3 American Strat single-coil pickups which is the same as every regular Strat, but here is something different. It has 1 Roland VG pickup which is battery powered which doesn't draw its power from the amp. Fender used Fender/Schaller Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines for the machine head. The guitar comes with a case (High-Tech, Molded Rectangular SKB Case).

rhcp-legends
    it doesnt really make sense how you give this guitar a 9 in features surely thats the best thing about it
    Fender890
    I agree, this guitar is amazing! All my guitar playing friends have like it too. It's just too bad it's been discontinued.
    thehikingdude
    I've had one since they came out. It really is amazing. It continues to surprise me with all the possibilities.
    acoustielectric
    I have played this guitar. It's amazing! Just when you think a guitar can't get any better (stratocaster)...
    bigMaor
    (I took this out of the site of the guitar) "Its not a guitar synthits an American Series Stratocaster guitar with Roland VG technology onboard. There is no synth interface, and no midi outit is a fully functional, stand-alone unit that you plug in and play like any electric guitarusing a regular cable to any amplifier. In addition to it being an American-made Stratocaster, the VG circuitry expands the tonal palette to give you access to a total of 37 sounds and five tunings. "