Dragonfly X review by Fernandes

Fernandes: Dragonfly X

Purchased from: Media Play

I play metal (from Metallica to Shadows Fall) and it fits my style perfectly. I have a Peavey 15watt Rage and a Marshall 15MGFX. I use my DOD Death Metal distortion through my Peavey and it give a good sound, but through the Marshall I use the built in overdrive and it delivers perfect tone. It has a bit of feedback in the stock pickups but it is barely noticable, the neck and middle pickups have a good full sound that I recommend only for clean tone, but the bridge pickup delivers beautiful bright tone distorted or not. This guitar had good variety due to it 24 frets but does not allow a whammy bar.

Like I said before I play metal and it fits me perfectly. I've been playing for 3 1/2 years and have never played anything this good for this cheap of a price. This guitar actually sounds just as good as my friends $700 Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I love everything about this guitar and cant say I hate anything, I just love it. I recommend this to any guitar player.

This guitar is really strong because when I get going I'm pretty rough on guitars and it works for me nicely. The hardware is strong and the strap buttons are as solid as a tank. I would definitely depend on this guitar without a backup, I actually sold two of my Epiphone's after I bought this because after playing this guitar then the Epiphones there was no comparision, this guitar was way better and stronger than them.

The guitar was set up good and the pickups are good too. The bridge is nice and the guitar is pretty light weight. When I bought this guitar it contained no flaws.

This guitar was made last year (2004). The parts were made in China but the guitar was assembled in America. It has a 24 rosewood fret board. It has a maple neck and an alder body. It has a beautiful satin finish. Its body style is a double cutaway with a Tune-O-Matic bridge. It has a volume and a tone knob with a 5-way selector. It has single coil pickups in the neck and middle positions and a open coil humbucker at the bridge.

Miseryxbl
    I've had this guitar for about 4 years now. Very very solid guitar. Survived many drops and guitar flips. I am very rough with guitars during shows. Pickups are extremly loud compared to others, But still have a good tight sound at high volumes with distortion. This guitar has amazing sounds, you can seriously play anything you want with this Guitar. One downside to me though would really have to be the finish. Compared to other guitars I own, I would have to say that this has the most brittle finish of them all. Not a paint expert but when looking down in your nicks and chips to the bare body it has many layers of paint. Just might be a cheaper paint they use. Overall great instrument for the Price.
    Viper_93
    Hey, does ne1 know where i could buy one online ?? I have to say, it is a beauty of a guitar
    Sansfield
    i own this guitar i personally love the finish, it is darker and more green in real life and it is a really great guitar
    doug.henninger
    I have an old one with the color like the one shown but more blue-green. Humbucker has 2 rows of adjustable polepieces as do the 2 single coils. It's a HSS Strat type with no tremolo and string through. Push/pull tone control is to get a capacitor to 'tighten' the tone. The real news (that few would try) is to adjust the pickup height/tilt as well as you can for balance. And then go after the polepieces to raise them. The D needs it most, followed by the G and maybe strengthen and focus the Bass E and A. Raising the polepice makes the string get more focused and 'precise'. After I did it on my $100 nearly like new Dragonfly X, it easily improved the sound 15-20% over my luthier's initial settings.