Monterey Elite review by Fernandes

Fernandes: Monterey Elite

Purchased from: The guitar workshop

Personly I would say it a great heavy rock guitar although I play it to metal sound through a Line 6 half stack with just a Boss distortion pedal and a reverb pedal wich you get a great sound, I've on played in Standard e tunning once or twice do to my band play in drop c and c# and is sounds great but when run on clean sounds just as good.

I ain't just making my guitar sound good over's may disagree but in my opinon it's the best guitar on the Market Fernandes deliver every time please go and try one out and see for you self. Thank you.

All I can say I great mine are chucked around and never just hang round my neck when I play, it's took nock after nock and sounds as good as the day I brought it.

I have to of these guitars one came with no reason for a setup but the over came with a flat battery and a couple of bumps wich was da disapointment, the only thing that I have changed is swapping pickups and have a fiitef Seymour Duncan blackout wich gives it a great hardrock sound.

As far as I no when brought Fernandes was clearing old warehouse stock, it came in a beautiful mat black finish in wich I also own a White one now do to the love of the guitar and make, the neck is loaded with razerblade pearl inlays (in my opinon they look like razerblades) 22 jumbo frets, maple with a thick grip, the head is loaded with grover machine heads, on there site I'm almost sure they are shown with EMG pickup in the brige positon but mine arived with Seymour Duncan humbucker with a beautiful tone, the neck pick up is loaded with a Fernandes serstainer system witch is a great neck pickup as well sertainer, the bridge is a string fru les Paul style brige wich every one noes a great bridges, 1 tone nob and 1 volume nob with you simple neck and bridge switch.

Equivalence
    You're giving the sound a 10 and after that you say you switched out the pickups? wat?
    SeanX3187
    ProgFolk12
    SeanX3187 wrote: ProgFolk12 wrote: Lancashire are worse. I'm actually quite disappointed I grew up without a broad accent, being from Yorkshire Also I don't trust any reviews where the guitar is played through either a "marshall half stack" or in this case "A line6 half stack". I stand corrected if it's not a spider, but I'm guessing it is what's wrong with a "marshall half stack"? i'm not sure if you're implying the MG series, or just if someone mentions the company and not the model they don't know much? i'd just like that clarified.
    Well yeah basically whenever people say marshall half stack they do mean MG. Check most reviews if you like. People who own "proper" marshalls DO know the model, and are usually proud to tell people what model it is. Honestly, 99% of the time this is true.
    jpk6044 wrote: FYI - I play it through a Marshall TSL.
    Picklelerner
    i used to trust the UG reviews until i kept seeing typical ones like these where they exaggerate and give it an outstanding score, and this guy was so careless that he did it all on his iphone without even checking it. im sry man but if u cant spell or write correctly.... dont write reviews.
    jpk6044
    I own this guitar, a 2007 model, and the tone is absolutely crushing. I use it in my band to play Tool, Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, etc. The sustainer pickup is amazing - a real screamer. My one complaint: the darn thing won't stay in tune.
    SOADriff
    kschaef wrote: Someone failed English.
    Win. seriously though this guitar looks mad.
    megadeth01
    Sorry every one I do have a Reading and writing problem so I tried to use predictive text .
    megadeth01
    Look I ****ed up sorry get off my back abit, I tried and screwed up I will correct it, I carnt spell or write propely so I used predictive text carnt help it
    ProgFolk12
    windy.uk
    The^Unforgiven wrote: J.J.G. wrote: in his profile he says that he lives in the UK. Not everyone in the UK speaks english as their native language
    I know stupid Yorkshire-men have to be different to everyone else's English.
    megadeth01
    Sorry evey one it has came out wrong I will correct it as soon as, it was done on a iPhone and I think some of the words came out wrong on the predictive text, my apologies I'll get it sorted soon as . Kyran
    xl999
    its obvious that it is his native language as he is phonetically typing in his pikey accent.
    The^Unforgiven
    J.J.G. wrote: in his profile he says that he lives in the UK.
    Not everyone in the UK speaks english as their native language
    J.J.G.
    CTGraphixGuy wrote: For the love of GOD, doesn't Ultimate-Guitar have any editors??!! I can't even read this drivel. It's obvious that English is not the native tongue of our reviewer, but still, C'mon!
    in his profile he says that he lives in the UK. :s i guess that if this is hard to read for someone that actually speaks english as a native tonge then imagine how hard it is for people like me that belong to other countries. UG really needs some quality standarts on reviews. A similar approval like what is done with the tabs would be enough.
    CTGraphixGuy
    GuitarPlayer716
    I stopped reading after the first 5 words. How the hell can you review a guitar if you can't tell the difference between "know" and "no"?????
    xl999
    better had spent that 800 bucks on english class. not so good review.
    jpk6044
    [quote]ProgFolk12 wrote: jpk6044 wrote: FYI - I play it through a Marshall TSL. Nice one. I love me some JCM I'm guessing you tell people you use a TSL as well, I'd like to prove my point lol. I hear you. I just referenced the amp from a tone standpoint. Every Marshall JCM is different. I've played several. Love the TSL bottom end and overall flexibility.