Monterey Elite review by Fernandes

Fernandes: Monterey Elite

Purchased from: Beyond Eleven

This is a grrreat sounding guitar w/ it's Seymour Duncan HB in the bridge & Fernandes sustainer in the neck- the Fernandes Sustainer especially creates infinite sustain for notes when turned on while the 'Duncan sounds solid with a sweet, full voice... The Fernandes is very muddy sounding on cleaner serttings, as the 101 pickup is better used for distortion styles of Rock & Metal... & as a rock/'metal instrument, this guitar excels with it's sustained tones & feedback=drenched sustain! It's play-abiltiy is this Burny-made LP's most excellent quality as the neck is comfortable & fast while the slightly thinner body seems to imitate the old Gibson Custom LP Lite which is comfortably lighter than a Standard LP copy

This a wonder-full new guitar creation answers the need for an affordable, yet high pro quality, LP w/ Floyd Rose & Fernandes Sustainer for the contemporary electric guitar player that values such features in their solid-bodies... For this guitar player, the Monterey Elite TREMELO represents this style of guitar beauty-fully! My only complaint is that Fernandes did not install their best 401 sustainer system, used by most of their pro endorsees, yet the 101 is a good start & I plan to have a 401 installed very soon to bring this feature up to my preferences... & that should be made easier by the existing pickup's wiring & routing... So, overall, I LOVE this guitar like I LOVE my Jackson/Fender Phil Collen PC-1 "Au Natural" = outstanding sustainer pickup / Floyd Rose trem guitars! I just think that this new "state of the art" guitar technology will be further refined in the future by Fernandes with the installation of their best pickup into their best guitar models & making the mods I am making to this great axe unnecessary...

This Burny/Fernandes creation is a very solid "LP Lite"-styled guitar with almost every detail reflecting a distinct appearance & quality feel that allows me to totally enjoy the experience of playing this unique guitar...

The guitar arrived with a basic setup from the warehouse which I quickly lowered to my tastes & there were slight adjustments in getting the play-ability completely to my comfort yet the overall function was excellent... The licensed Floyd Rose works really well although the screw down whammy bar needs to be replaced with a FR bar with mounting screw so it locks down tight- easy to replace! The volume & tone knobs were not adjusted for smooth rotation & needed adjusting as well.

This is a positive review for the Fernandes Monterey Elite Tremelo, brand new for 2010... made in Korea, this Burny-made LP copy is 24 3/4" scale w/ Ebony fretboard w/ a sunken licensed Floyd Rose, Seymour Duncan humbucker in the bridge & Fernandes 101 sustainer in the neck, solid gorgeous maple top, completely bound neck & body w/ gold hardware... 1 volume, 1 tone, 2 off/on switches for sustainer [1 for sustainer... 1 for feedback], locking nut.

Jwdax
    Guys I bought this guitar last year and although it is gorgeous to look at ive had a fair bit of trouble. Although only cosmetics the guitar strap bolts pretty much fell out causing embarassment on stage and despite numerous efforts to fix it ive had no joy. Next ill have to drill into the guitar to create new holes! Secondly i have major major trouble with tuning. After a pro set up i let the strings settle in (been stretched etc...) and it will just not stay in tune. Whats worse is its not from soloing, its from rhythm playing. I have the biggest problem with the 'G' string (lol) its very annoying. My sustainer system is epic in fairness, but my seymour duncan pick ups basically sunk into the guitar and need raising, this of course reduces sound quality. I look after my guitars, they arent thrown around , and this is kept in a Fernandes hard case. So ive been somewhat unlucky. I used to own a Fernandes Ravelle Elite, I also had trouble with that. Needless to say that although i dont want to get rid of it, and im going to get it all fixed and set up tidy again, I dont think id buy another guitar made by Fernandes. Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty for me next!