Ravelle Elite review by Fernandes

Fernandes: Ravelle Elite

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

The guitar suits the many styles I play quite well, which include grunge, punk, classic and hard rock. I dabble in metal and prog as well, and the guitar can certainly hold its own in them. The JB does lack a little bit, but it's nothing proper EQing can't fix. I run this straight into a 50w Peavey Valveking 112 combo amp. There is very little noise, although I would recommend a noise gate for higher volumes, but I would advise one for any guitar. The guitar has a nice variety of sounds, the rhythm pickup can get nice, smooth lead sounds, which are a bit stronger when the sustainer is switched off.

I play almost everything that the rock genre encompasses. This guitar is very versatile, and I believe it could be the perfect match for anybody. The neck allows for easy chord playing, as well as extremely intricate lead parts. I have been playing for nearly 3 years, and I own 7 other electric guitars, including an Epiphone G-400, a Slash Appetite For Destruction Les Paul, and a Hagstrom Ultra Suede. There is no comparison. This guitar blows them out of the water. I play through a 50w Peavey Valveking 112 combo, and I can get great sounds from this guitar. This guitar exceeded my expectations phenomenally. If it were lost, stolen, or broken, I would rush to my computer and order another one immediately. Not a day goes by where I don't play it. My only complaint is the JB in the bridge. It seems to lack a little, which is a shame, because this guitar would be my perfect match. My favorite thing about this guitar is the neck. Everyone who I know says it is one of the nicest necks they have ever played, and I completely agree. I bought this guitar on a lark, and I am thoroughly happy I did.

This guitar will withstand live playing. I wear a belt all of the time, and I have not noticed a single scratch on the back. The finish is quite solid, and it should last a very long time. The hardware is sturdy, and the electronics seem very reliable as well. The strap buttons are incredibly sturdy, as well. Although I would never gig without a backup, this would be the guitar to use if I needed to.

The guitar was set up beautifully when I first picked it up. I didn't have to set it up at all. Upon close inspection, the guitar looks exactly as it should; there are no loose pieces, improperly routed or crooked pieces of hardware or electronics. The wood seems to be of excellent quality, and the tuners are the best of any guitar I have owned. The nut is well in place, and the guitar in general looks brand-new, as it should.

This was a brand new, 2011 Fernandes Ravelle Elite, in see-thru black. It was manufactured in Korea. It has a Standard 24 3/4 scale length neck, with a rosewood fretboard, and beautiful abalone inlays and binding. The neck is very thin (think SG) and is extremely fast and comfortable. It has a 5-A quilted Canadian maple top, and a solid mahogany body. It has a wonderful cutaway, which allows more fret access than a Les Paul or Stratocaster, and it looks wonderful. It comes with your standard tune-o-matic bridge. The electronics are active, because of the best feature of this guitar; the sustainer. It is in the place of the rhythm pickup, and allows you to indefinitely sustain your note, and gives you the option of raising the note by a harmonic. The bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan JB. Which could be better, but isn't too shabby. You are given one volume knob, and one tone knob, as well as the switches for the sustainer. The tuners are an unknown brand of locking tuners, which work well. The guitar also comes with a Graph Tech trem nut, which seems very reliable.