Ravelle X review by Fernandes

Fernandes: Ravelle X

Purchased from: Foulds Music Derby

I play mostly metal and this guitar does produce quite a powerfull metal sound with the stock pickups although I have an EMG 81 and EMG 60 in it now and even on my crappy Spider II I get a pretty awesome tone out of it. The stock pickups were never noisey. It also performs pretty well in a clean or jazz kind of tone as would be expected with an alder body. I managed to succesfully get most genres tones with this guitar and for 220 I could not believe how good this guitar sounded, I fell in love with it straight away in the shop and never once regretted purchasing it, now all I need is an amp to do the guitar more justice than the spider gives it (which surprisingly is still a lot).

I think this guitar would be able to play any style of music wether it be punk, jazz, metal or anything in between, it's deffinately the favourite guitar I play, especially compared to friends Gibson sgs and shecter guitars. Unfortunately if it were lost or stolen I would have trouble getting another one as Fernandes guitars are very rare in the UK but I would try to get another one, the one thing I wish it had were a floyd bridge but that's just cause I really want one not that it would make the guitar any better particulary. Overall a great guitar especially for the price!

Like I said before the finish may be a little poor but other than that this guitar is reliable as hell! I've played many a gig with it and it's never cut out on me and sounds great! I do as a general rule play with a backup because I have a nasty habit of breaking strings whilst playing but this guitar definately delivers!

This guitar came pretty well set up, the action is very comfortable, the finish was perfect though I have noticed it seems to chip quite easilly, although so did my previous guitar so I might just treat it badly. It stays in tune very well with the stock bridge and tuners, I've never had any tuning problems even in D drop C with 10s. The electonics also came perfect with no noise or anything from the pots and selector switch.

This guitar has 22 frets, maple & rosewood fingerboard neck and a solid alder body. It also has a string thru body Tune-O-Matic bridge. It came with stock passive Fernandes humbucker pickups with 3 way bridge/brigde-neck/neck selection with 1 volume and tone Switch which seems to be pretty standard with Fernandes guitars, it does afford you enough control however. It also feature the unique ravelle look describable only as a stange hybrid between a les paul and a mockingbird type shape.

TheDisturbed78
    this guitar rocks,i play all metal on it cuz i got my ibanez rg 120 for anything else,its got an amazing sound, but i bought mine at a local store for and got one kick ass deal of $230. ; )