Retrorocket Pro review by Fernandes

Fernandes: Retrorocket Pro

Purchased from: private party

I play country, old rock n roll, Jimmy Buffett using a Twin Reverb and a Fender Leslie. Settings are on bright, with the mid on 7, treb all the way up and bass all the way up. No noise, and the sustain in the high octive position is great for a couple of songs. The Tremelo arm is fantastic and the guitar never comes out of tune when you use it.

I have the ULTIMATE guitar as my main squeeze. It's a GUITORGAN, and for a 3 piece group, it makes us sound like 5. I play harp also and we have 5 sounds, Guitar, Organ, Harmonica, Bass and drums. People can't believe the fullness of our group, but then they don't even realize that the organ sound is coming from my guitar, and unless you're a musician yourself what do you know about how many pieces should sound like what etc. We have been together for 35 years playing the same old rock n roll, country, and my original tunes, and I take the Fernandez along for a couple of songs all the time. It's great!

Very sound construction, stays in tune, good finish, I've played it on loads of gigs in different situations, like indoors, outdoors, hot and cold conditions, it all works fine but you better make sure to NOT LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN when you're done or the 9 volt battery is toast, and you better have a spare or lots of spares to be exact, or it won't play.

Great action, since I bought it from a friendNo noise, and the sustain in the high octive position is great for a couple of songs. The Tremelo arm is fantastic and the guitar never comes out of tune when you use it. I love it, but you better make sure to NOT LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN when you're done or the 9 volt battery is toast, and you better have a spare or lots of spares to be exact, or it won't play.

I was wanting a Strat and a friend said he'd sell his Fernandez and it had "Hotter picups" and would blow a Strat out of the water. I tried it and thought the sustainer pickup added a dimension I could not get with any Strat so I bought it. I love it, but you better make sure to NOT LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN when you're done or the 9 volt battery is toast, and you better have a spare or lots of spares to be exact, or it won't play.