Retrorocket X review by Fernandes

Fernandes: Retrorocket X

Purchased from: SSE Music

I play a lot of metal and classic rock. The Retrorocket play very well for all styles of music. I use a lot of distortion. However, when distortion is on it make a humming noise when only one pickup is activated. It plays very well with distortion on. This guitar can be very noisy with a clean tone. The sound is very full. It could play a very good metal tone as well as a good clean tone.

This guitar is a good match for anyone playing any type of rock. I have been playing for 2 years. If it was stolen or lost I wouldn't think twice before deciding to buy it again. It's such a good guitar for players of any level. There is nothing to hate about this guitar. The humming noise can be a little annoying, however, it's well worth your money. It took me a while to decide between this product and a Strat, a Schecter, and a Gibson. I went with this product because it played very nicely when I got a chance to play it and I could get it at a low price along with a free hardshell case. I would recomend buying this guitar to anyone with any amount of experience.

This guitar would easily withstand live play. I trust that nothing will break on it. I would show up at a gig without a backup. I haven't had to replace any of the hardware over the last two years. The strap buttons have stayed on solid. The finish wears well. I have dropped it and bumped it and the finish is still as glossy as the day I bought it.

I have had this guitar for 2 years and I haven't had to have it set up once. It comes from the factory already set up. The pickups were set up perfectly. The bridge height is also perfect. This guitar balances very well. It has no noticable tendency to be heavier to one side.

Don't be fooled by the low price of the guitar. It is an excelent guitar for any skill level. It was made in Japan in 2003. It has 22 large frets. Its body is made out of alder wood, and the neck is made of maple. It has a Strat-style body. It has a Vintage bridge style. The electronics system is active. It will make a humming noise when in first, third, or fifth position. The electronics consist of a tone knob, volume knob, and a 5-way selector Switch. It has 3 pickups. The pickup in the bridge position is a humbucker. It uses gotoh tuners.

irishman
    hey andrewf52, 2 quick questions: does this guitar come with the fernandes sustainer already installed? what is the bridge like? is it floyd rose? does it stay in tune well with a lot of whammy abuse?
    assmonk3y
    no sustainer installed. its a fixed bridge. guitar has a nice clean tone. i installed lace sensor golds in mine for some crunch
    Timmypadgett
    only the pro and elite models of fernandes guitars come with sustainers already installed.
    metalkamikazee
    I bought the retrorocket pro and so far it's been great My only problem about it is that I always have to buy batteries for the sustainer
    Duncas
    are you sure your reviewing the X model? the Gibsons are aoround 10x the price of these and schecters at least double, ino you shouldnt look at the price first but this guitar is 150! ($224 approx)