Revolver Pro 81 review by Fernandes

Fernandes: Revolver Pro 81

I mostly play metal, rock and this baby gets the work done. Long lasting sustain and bright tone really give you the feel of metal! It's pretty good for blues and jazz aswell but you would have to crank up the mid and bass a little on the amp. I use a Boss ME-70 with it and Maann. It sounds like a beast. The tone gets richer and the sustain longer. The Fernandes pre-installed sustainer is also a bomb. Unlimited sustain with no drop in volume! The EMG 81 active pickup on the bridge is noiseless, even on high gain! The guitar is versatile. I've played everything from Bob Dylan to Beatles to Eagles to Megadeth. It can handle anything. Best thing about it is that pinch harmonics come out at even the slightest provocation!

This guitar is good for all types of music. Especially for rock n metal. Been playing it for 7 months now. It looks exactly like my Yamaha ERG 121. Which is a downside cause that guitar is quite a cheap guitar. I've been playing the electric for 2 years now and the acoustic for 10. If this was stolen I would definitely find out who stole it and beat the crap out of him. Favorite feature would be the sustainer and the floyd rose. I just love the tone! Only thing to complain is that it doesn't look like the outstanding guitar it is. I mean it is much better that any B.C. Rich I've played but it just doesn't look like it. I compared this with ESP Grassroots, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Jackson Warrior WRMG, PRS SE Tremonti, Damien 6, ESP M 200FM... And I think this one suits me best. This guitar will definitely take you to a new level.

This guitar will withstand a storm, no doubt. No need for a backup. The hardware is solid. Though I've heard from some other sources that theirs wasn't. I probably got a good piece. Strap buttons are good, input jack is sturdy but may trouble you sometimes. Finish is good and it will last though it can get scratched easily.

Factory setting was perfect, perfect polish, gloss, no dents. The action was just right. The pickups were fine. Though the neck sustainer pickup was a lil tilted but that was fixed in 3 seconds with the screw driver. When I first got the guitar and used the floyd rose I heard a few creaks. But that was all fine. The guitar was getting used to the rough playing. There are no creaks now and its plays very smoothly. It feels as if its getting better with use! No flaws in the guitar!

Don't know which year it was made in... It's a Korean make. - Number of Strings: 6 Find quickly: All Electric Guitars with Number of Strings: 6 (3231 items) Fernandes Electric Guitars with Number of Strings: 6 (50 items) - Body Type: Solid Body - Body Wood: Alder - Neck Shape: C-shaped neck - Neck Joint: Bolt-on - Neck Wood: Maple - Fingerboard Material: Rosewood - Number of Frets: 24 Find quickly: All Electric Guitars with Number of Frets: 24 (1151 items) Fernandes Electric Guitars with Number of Frets: 24 (22 items) - Tuners: Die-cast - Bridge: Floyd Rose - Hardware: Black - Fret Size: Jumbo - Number of Pickups: 2 - Pickup Switch Type: 3-way Pickup Selector - Bridge Pickup Type: Humbucker - Neck Pickup Type: Humbucker - Controls: Volume - Controls: Tone

Minivirus2
    CapnKickass wrote: Minivirus2 wrote: I'm travelling 8 hours to Minneapolis to check out Revelle's. They're impossible to get in Canada. I think there's only one dealer left now, which is in Alberta if I remember correctly. They used to sell them at the store here in Winnipeg. Sucks that they're gone.
    True, Calgary has a mom and pop shop which sells them. Coincidentally, I'm from Winnipeg and Minni is just closer. They also have three dealers around the area, so I'm more likely to find the model I'm looking for. Here's to hoping!
    Minivirus2
    CapnKickass
    katalyzt13
    Wow...I don't understand why the user ratings are so low on this? I've only handled a few guitars made by Fernandes, but they seemed like pretty solid instruments...
    jetwash69
    MaggaraMarine wrote: So does this guitar have an active pickup in the bridge and a passive pickup in the neck position?
    Not really. The neck "pickup" isn't really a pickup. It's the Fernandez Sustainer's driver which causes the strings to vibrate. You can do a lot of cool things with it, and if you're interested in the concept, I suggest you check out the Sustainiac from Maniac Music. They're the real deal, it's a better implementation of the concept, and they provide better support.
    dityan
    guys..i wrote this comment...it dint mean to give it and 8.8 its atleast worth 9....but y are the user ratings so low..??its an awesome guitar!!
    dityan