AL4042 review by First Act

• Reviewer's score: 1.4 Junky
First Act: AL4042

Purchased from: Freind

I play metal and this little guy cannot serve. The guitar does not have different sounds, only one sound because it has one pickup that's very noisy and buzzy. The guitar wiring in the inside wasn't even done in a professional manner. But that's First Act for ya. It sounds horrible through my Marshall Stack and my Line 6s. This guitar is probably gonna go in my garage because its not really a good guitar to play. The sound on this thing will Drive an audience away.

I play metal and classic rock and it does not match at all. My Dean Firecrackle is extremely better than this guitar by all levels. If it were stolen I would thank the person for getting it off my hands. I played this through my Marshall stack with a noise pedal and it still buzzed a lot. If your a beginner I would get an Ibanez GIO or a Squier Bullet Strat (Please don't argue over these choices in comments).

I wouldn't play this live not even if I had no backup. The finish is good enough to last but it can easily mess up if not careful. This guitar wouldn't withstand live playing because it buzzes a lot and the thing falls out of tune every 20 minutes. The hardware might last again if taken care of but I doubt that the guitar would survive a gig because it can't even survive a bedroom jam.

The guitar may sound bad but it has a great strong wood too it. I've dropped real bad once on accident and the neck was still fine. And like I said the action was very high. The guitar is messing fret wire on the 12 fret and 19th fret. The neck was pretty warped so it needed a trust rod turn. But still nothing has changed. The tuning pegs were very loose. The nut was sharp and if you tuned the G string often it would always pop no matter what. This was annoying. The headstock ad a little chip in it but its not that noticeable until your close to the guitar. The strap buttons were secure until the screws got loose and ended up coming off the guitar over time.

This guitar has a black finish with a white pickguard. It was made in China in 2009. I bought it at a yard sell to give to my friend who wanted to play guitar but changed his mind. So I ended up having to keep it. (Some friend huh? But this guitar wouldn't have helped him anyway). This guitar had a very bad action it was very high and the pickups were very buzzy an it was overall horrible coming out of my Marshall Stack. The controls barely worked because the tone knob was stuck all the way down. I tuned it to standard and it came out of tune in 20 minutes! It came with an amp that has good gain but the treble and the bass on the thing isn't doing the job.