ME300 review by First Act

First Act: ME300

Purchased from: eBay

This guitar suits my music style well (classic rock to modern rock and anythign in between) I use a Peavey 30 watt amp and a MD-2 Dist. pedal. This guitar only gets really noisy on the bridge pickup. The variety of this guitar is not as good as an average guitar, but I did only pay 50 dollars for it, so I'm not complaining, a guitar is a guitar when you are starting out.

I play just about anything that I can get my hands on so I would have to say classic rock. This guitar I bought only to get the amp, and it is currently a display model hanging up to show off. If this was stolen or lost, or broken I would not consider getting a new one. I would save my money up for something more useful. But if you are looking to try guitar out, and give up easily, and you don't want to spend a lot of money, this package would be the one that you should want to get.

This guitar already has few chips in the paint, I'm dissapointed, because the finish chips right off and breaks in pieces, it doesnt take chunks, it cracks it good. I think that eventualy it will wear down becasue of the price I paid for it, but it has held up for the past 6 months pretty well.

The guitar was very well set-up at the factory, I barely even had to tune it when I got it outta the box. The guitar did not contain any flaws that I can catch.

This 21 fret Strat style guitar has a rosewood neck. It has an ordinary medium glossy black finish. The bridge is Tele-style and it comes with the knob set up of your ordinary Stratocaster (5 way-sel., volume, 2 tones etc). It has a humbucker pickup for the bridge, and two regular strat-style pickups for the mid and the neck. This guitar is a decently looking guitar. It came complete with a 10 watt practice amp, strings, chord, guitar book and all the Starter Kit goodies.