ME300 review by First Act

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
First Act: ME300

I found this tone to be some of the dryest I have ever heard. It can't really handle being cranked through an amp too loud because it feeds back and isn't made for anything huge. It isn't bad if you have a decent amp and keep it at a reasonable volume, but you can't get too much versatality out of it such as going from metal to blues or something. It sounds just like what it is, one of the cheapest guitars you can buy.

This was a huge mistake on my part buying it from a friend who didnt want it anymore. It doesnt fit my musical style at all, whether it be Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaughn, or Helloween, it just can't accomplish a tone that can be taken seriously. I have been playing for about 4 years and this guitar I just use to take apart and put back together to learn from. However, besides all my complaining, this is an extremely cheap guitar, so don't ask 700$ worth of tone to come out of it. It is made to be what it is, a cheap guitar to give to your kid who "kind of" wants to start playing. However if your not careful they are going to pick it up and not want to ever play again! No, no I kid, but overall I say its not the best guitar, but it's also one of the cheapest.

I could never trust this guitar to be honest, this thing is meant to practice with by yourself but not for a reliable guitar during a gig. The hardware and overall put together just doesn't seem like it would last very long when you compare it to more expensive guitars. I wouldn't try to see if it can withstand damage because I would be afraid of the poor thing snapping.

Now I am not just ranking down on this guitar because it is First Act, but when I looked at the wireing inside I couldn't help but laugh. The wireing looked like a disaster, and seemed like they were doing the sawdering as if it was in the middle of an earthquake. The action was normal though, and the pick ups were set just fine. Another flaw was that for some reason the higher frets on the high string buzz horribly because of a messed up fret. Other than that it looked pretty normal.

This guitar is the kind of guitar you buy for someone who isn't sure whether or not they want to start playing guitar or not. You got your basic volume and tone, along with the neck Switch thing, but thats it. Everything else on it looks generic, I don't think anyone could tell you what brand of parts on there. It is very limited overall; 21 frets, not a very fast moving fret board, just a good old Walmart guitar.

Greendaygeek10
    This was my first guitar, and it was something to start out on. Wasn't very good, but for $100, ya get what ya pay for!
    zeppelin5005
    i have this guitar, dont ask y, and it sucks. every time i use the whammy bar, the strings, especially the low e, goes out of tune.
    dr00pa
    This is aweful! I did a dive bomb and the bridge SNAPPED apart! I returned it for a new one. The new one has horrible craftsmanship... wiring a mess, tuning/action aweful, this is the worst POS ever and ill never buy another. Paint scratches easy too.