ME300 review by First Act

• Reviewer's score: 2.4 Junky
First Act: ME300

Purchased from: wal-mart

I play a wide range of styles and this cannot play eny of them metal forget it, punk's alright on it but only because of the cheap sound, classic rock no way man, rock no no amego, only a real bad cheap sound. And I play this on a Vox tube amp which plays with a charm on enything else. This try's to do what Strat does with three pickup deal neck, middle, and brige all are bad.

I have seen some bad guitar's but this is worse if you want a good guitar buy the one that this try's to look like a Fender Strat that my veiw of it.

If you want to go live with this forget it it would junk out into one song. The hardware is cheap what can I say not much time before that's gone. This make's a good smash up guitar just to mess around on that's really it.

This came un tuned the action was good the pickup were at a good setting too. Everything was loose after a month or two the finsh was good though. The brige saddle's were a little low but a quick fix the nut was a little loose to.

Well then I got this a year ago just something cheap to play on and smash around so my good guitar would be well still good. This is a 2005 or 2004 model, it's mostly a Fender Strat rip off same headstock, 21 frets, same setup but only with bad gear. The tuners are only good for scrap metal if thay are even metal, the pickups are very poor lots of buzzing. And the thing just falls apart without a reason.

me_and_my_music
    i have this guitar currently ive had it for over a year and its pretty ok actually - not that bad 4 a beginner guitar
    JRock589
    I bought my first guitar from Toys R Us, it was a First Act, no necessary this model. It held up just fine. I'd give it probibly a 6.5/10, simply because it was reliable. But yeah, no tone switch at all, it's a bare-bones starter guitar. I'd reccomend them to little kids who are just starting, or total newblies.
    riley_mullet59
    i bought a first act (not this one though) for my first guitar. not the best thing in the book but a 23 fret guitar for 100 is pretty good to start out on.
    Greendaygeek10
    Haha I regret what I said above *laughs*... About a week ago it turned to total shit, strings popping left and right. I'm glad I have a better one!
    Bryce-433
    I don't have a whammy bar on mine, but it's definitely a sucky Stratocaster-ripoff. I'd rather get a Greg Bennett Interceptor or some other badly reviewed electric and hope that it's better than the crappy one I've got
    Jondy
    I can't believe someone actually gave it a 7.8. When I started lik almost 5 years ago I'm glad my parents weren't dumb enough to fall for this one. I still got a cheap beginner guitar, but better sammick than a wal-mart first act.
    super7am
    i dodged a bullet here! i was gonna get one, but then my friend who has a 2005 Mexican Stratocaster, so he recommended squier. anyway, i would just hollow it out, repaint it and use it as an acoustic if i got one, and probably put the humbucker in my squier as a fourth pickup ( my squier has single coils)
    chuckflan333
    not this, but another first act, from walmart, was my first guitar. My dad bought it for christmas and he even regrets it, the thing is a flat out piece of crap.