ME301 review by First Act

• Reviewer's score: 4.6 Poor
First Act: ME301

Purchased from: wal mart

I have various different pedals, and this is the only way to get it's sound away from the below par clean tones and the very, very muddy distorted tone with out them. A begginer guitar should sound good enough so they don't think they are the ones causing the below medioker tone. The pickups also have almost no change in sound.

a very average starter guitar, and below what a starter should be. if it were stolen, and I wanted a guitar just as cheap, I would get the new Squier Bullet Strat, for the same price. if you want a great starter or something cheap to modify and slam on, get a Squier Bullet. they sound great, and are even beter if modifyed. And for those Who say you can't play anything heavy on a Fender\Squier, Slipknot used to use teles and so did wintersun.

this is pretty average. I would definatlly not play a gig on it. although I am suprised it hasn't broken yet. I am very clumsy and have dropped it at least 5 times. Pretty durable I guess. Not so reliable. Strap buttons are pretty solid. Don't play a gig on this, the finnish is as I said before, sensitive.

this is probably the worst part. to get it playable, I had to adjust almost everything, which shouldn't be the case for a beginner. Straight out of the box I had to make major truss rod adjustments. Action bit my hand, tuners horrible. The finnish is pretty scratchable too.

I have no prejudice against First Act because of their name (like most do) and this may not be suitible for anyone other than a beginner, but don't just comment to say it sucks, beause it's actually and alright begginer guitar. I give it a 5 over all, because that's what it is. average. I've played much worse first acts. Made in 2005, 21 frets, full sized guitar with a wammy equipped bridge, and made out of poplar wood. Comes with the exact same pickup configuration as a Standard Strat, although they are very crappypickups(almost no difference in sound). It has a Strat style body, a 5 way pickup Switch, plain laquer finish(very stcratchable, not qualltity laquer) some pretty annoying tuners that only stay in tune after they are well broken in, and a c shaped neck, which to an adult wouldn't be thick, but by no means thin, but to a child, it would be like a bat, and it should be thin because it was meant for children to learn on. rosewood finger board.

trip_c
    i am borrowing this guitar from a friend. i am a beginner player just learning so thrashin this wasnt in my needs right now, but lettin an advanced player show me what this lil instrument was made of i was suprised. i took it with me to a local guitar shop, and one of the pros hooked it up i was suprised for what it was. i would recommend this guitar for a beginner even up to intermeddiate users. the website and there customs are great. i also have a fender squire mini, as far as sound this is a better pick.
    mike_08_70
    This guitar is not great but I added one Seymore Duncan Hotrail in the bridge position and some grover tuners... once these things were added i used it in concert and it had great reviews. So to sum it up... not by any means great guitar stock, but after a decent set up and some small upgrades it is great.
    gargy
    I got mine from a storage-shed abandonment. Although I am an advanced player with many nicer instruments, this thing is honestly set up pretty good aside from the abominations that the manufacturer dared to call pickups. Some Lace-Sensors or Hot-Rails would really do a lot of good, and I might get a 22-fret Warmoth neck for it.
    Jonesie110
    i found mine in my closet when i moved into my old house, actually how i first picked up guitar... its served me well the past ten years and i cant complain, because it didnt ****er up the entire time so, leave the poor first acts alone!
    Comokanu
    Seriously, Walmart is where you buy carrots and chicken for dinner. Not guitars.
    btbamaddict
    my suggestion for anyone starting out is not to start on this guitar. dont start on electric period. start on acoustic. ur fingers will toughen quicker then when u conjure up enough ml thoney to get a decent electric playing will be a breeze. all in all this guitar sucks. period.