ME315 review by First Act

Purchased from: Wal Mart

To play what I like to play (which is mostly metal and grunge), the amp provided with the guitar doesn't sound nice. A larger amp with more than three sound controls helps. The guitar itself sounds great with any kind of strings I've tried, including the stock strings, Fender's, and Yamaha's. With the right amp you can get any desired amount of feedback and gain from this guitar and it will sound as good as any guitar out there (for the price).

I mostly like playing grunge, alternative, and metal on this guitar, and it generally works fine. Nothing really extreme has been played on mine, since I have been playing for only 7 months, but what I do play sounds great. If my current First Act was stolen I probably wouldn't buy another one, I would spend a little extra money on a nicer make and model. I do wish this model had a whammy bar and a pickup selector though, but I guess it doesn't because it only has one pickup. Which kind of sucks. But, overall this is a great guitar for early beginners to novices.

This guitar is very reliable and can be used during Live performance, although, if you are using the stock strings, I would bring an extra set because the high E string can snap easily. The guitar takes a long time to go out of tune, but once it does, it immediately needs tuned. The strap buttons are perfectly fine for me, you will just need a new strap after a while.

The guitar came with strings a cord and an amp, all of which worked perfectly fine. The pickups did need to be loosened a little to get the sound I prefer, though. The only other flaw I can think of it the volume control knob falling off only about 2 months after I bought the guitar. Super glue fixed that problem, though.

Just a nice, basic beginners guitar. Volume and tone controls, no pickup selector, though. The stock pickups aren't all that great, but they aren't so bad that they ruin the fun of playing this guitar. Mine has been perfectly fine for the 6 months I've had it and the original strings lasted about 2-3 months. There are 23 frets, medium sized. The package I got also came with a 5 foot cable, which stopped working after a few months, and the smallest amp I have ever seen. The amp basically sucks, so I had to get a nicer one.

gpculbreth
    I bought a ME 315 for 10 dollars and it plays great, nice neck and low action after adjusting the neck, the bridge was crooked but easy fix with a hammer"worked great but wouldn't recommend doing on just any guitar" I'm gonna really love it when I replace the pickup and pots! Just a really good playing guitar for cheap
    johnnie13
    ooo...ouch...dont worry...ive got a gibson...which is better that this one..of course
    sharkhead7854
    i have this guitar (first one) and i can easily say that its the worst my eyes have ever beheld =) really though, i hate it to death (and im a beginner) im about to go buy an ICEMAN ICX220 yay!!
    UnknownRockStar
    I've got a suggestion. First of all, this is a beginner's guitar, nothing really special about it. I play a Squier Fender Master Series M-80 (List Price $665) and people will say it sucks. let me tell you something. this is a guitar made for practicing and getting better. That said, here's my point. This is a piece of crap worthy ONLY to be held in the hands of a beginner who just started playing guitar. Therefore, get a good guitar. NOT THIS PIECE OF STUBBORN MACHINERY!
    johnnie13
    wow..looking back at this review makes me feel like a dumbass..lol
    Busproof
    I had one of these. Was my first guitar several years ago. I actually smashed it not to long ago. Definately not a guitar I'd ever suggest anyone buying, even as a beginner. Might as well just skip to a Squier, would be doing yourself a favor.
    aynako
    I agree with more of the previous posters. For years I wanted a guitar. I was on the hunt for one that I could afford. I would talk about finding a guitar constantly, and I was very excited when my parents told me to look in the closet for a surprise. I had a feeling deep down inside I would get a shitastic Walmart one. And there it was, in that closet. I feigned a smile and plotted a way to return it without anyone's feelings getting hurt. Then I felt like a spoiled brat and there we go. $100 later. What a waste. Don't buy this. Get a good guitar. You won't hate yourself. I hate this guitar. Cannot wait to smash mine, Busproof. Cannot wait.
    dirt_inc
    Learn how to play and how to set up your own guitar and you can make most anything sound good. First acts are as good as most Squire Epiphone and especialy Dean beginner guitars. If you want a real POS go find some of the crap us older guys had to learn on. Now quit crying like little bitches and go practice.