ME315 Review

1,479
review (1) 14 comments vote for this gear:
ME315 Reviewed by: johnnie13, on may 07, 2007

Purchased from: Wal Mart

Features: Just a nice, basic beginners guitar. Volume and tone controls, no pickup selector, though. The stock pickups aren't all that great, but they aren't so bad that they ruin the fun of playing this guitar. Mine has been perfectly fine for the 6 months I've had it and the original strings lasted about 2-3 months. There are 23 frets, medium sized. The package I got also came with a 5 foot cable, which stopped working after a few months, and the smallest amp I have ever seen. The amp basically sucks, so I had to get a nicer one. // 6

Sound: To play what I like to play (which is mostly metal and grunge), the amp provided with the guitar doesn't sound nice. A larger amp with more than three sound controls helps. The guitar itself sounds great with any kind of strings I've tried, including the stock strings, Fender's, and Yamaha's. With the right amp you can get any desired amount of feedback and gain from this guitar and it will sound as good as any guitar out there (for the price). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came with strings a cord and an amp, all of which worked perfectly fine. The pickups did need to be loosened a little to get the sound I prefer, though. The only other flaw I can think of it the volume control knob falling off only about 2 months after I bought the guitar. Super glue fixed that problem, though. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable and can be used during Live performance, although, if you are using the stock strings, I would bring an extra set because the high E string can snap easily. The guitar takes a long time to go out of tune, but once it does, it immediately needs tuned. The strap buttons are perfectly fine for me, you will just need a new strap after a while. // 8

Overall Impression: I mostly like playing grunge, alternative, and metal on this guitar, and it generally works fine. Nothing really extreme has been played on mine, since I have been playing for only 7 months, but what I do play sounds great. If my current First Act was stolen I probably wouldn't buy another one, I would spend a little extra money on a nicer make and model. I do wish this model had a whammy bar and a pickup selector though, but I guess it doesn't because it only has one pickup. Which kind of sucks. But, overall this is a great guitar for early beginners to novices. // 7

Comments