ME502 review by First Act

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
First Act: ME502

The guitar, like the above says, is most certainly not made for metal.. It doesn't sound metally, you could say. And in my opinion, looks sort of bluesy or classic rock. Telecastery, you know... It can make sounds from Muddy Waters, all the way down to "I'm A King Bee" by The Rolling Stones, which it sounds very similar too when tuned correctly. With a cheap practice amp, it sounds okay.. With a big ol Vintage Crate amp, it sounds okay. 6/10. This is not a guitar for playing metal music, though there are quite a few pros that play First Acts. The Underoath guy, System Of A Down. You know.

If this thing were lost or stolen, there is no way I'd buy another one unless of course, it would cost 5$ like the other reviewer paid... This guitar is not for thrashing, only for learning, practicing or showing The Rolling Stones some respect. I wish for 120$ it sounded better, but you know.. Beggars can't always get what they want. If the price is cheap enough and you're desperate enough, get this.. Its worth it you know, but not if you have other choices... Rock on, everybody!

Welllll, I can tell the strings have been changed before, so they probably weren't made to last..but what strings are? I'd bet though that this guitar'll be around til' the world ends... As long as the knobs don't start coming off you know, and then somebody garbages it... I would most definitely trust this guitar onstage if I were doing some Rolling Stones covers or wanting to bring back the 70s... The 80s era is the era that really needs to come back. The knobs seem not very strong.

This guitar is very well made, though I haven't dropped it or done some rockstar smashes to it, it feels pretty solid, its also VERY light, at least compared to an ol ibanez. No flaws and the knobs seem to be some sort of aluminum metal mix, I'd bet they won't get rusty for a long time.

Features, well, First Act is a Boston (American made) company, I believe they make guitars and drums and. Maybe more stuff, but... This is what I'd say is a beginner non-metal guitar. I use it through two different amplifiers with a DigiTech Death Metal pedal, and this guitar cannot keep up with it. If you'd fancy playing some blues though, it sounds very wonderfully in that sense.

MaggaraMarine
    Reaper/chaos wrote: Dude i own this guitar and it actually is a great guitar! I painted all the effects on the guitar neon green and it looks and sounds amazing! honestly, it is a dependable guitar...
    How many times this has to be said: Guitars don't have any built in effects (unless they're something like Firebird X). They are called pickups or volume/tone knobs!!
    Mainer
    I agree with tusloves. Don't want to own a First Act? You don't have to. If someone else likes this guitar, so be it, let em like it. I'm getting an ME502 for $15 from a kid in my physics class...Why? Cause I love guitars of all diff'rnt shapes and sizes. If the guitar is crap, I'll take it apart and salvage it for parts to frankenstein together with a Korean strat knock-off I bought in a local pawn shop. But of course I'll dink around with it to get a feel for it and how it sounds at first. :/ Stop complaining