ME505 review by First Act

• Reviewer's score: 2.6 Junky

Purchased from: Walmart

The guitar does not have much quality to its sound. It doesn't do well for any genre. I play a lot of metal and some rock with it. I used to play it on a terrible $10 First Act amp. Between the two, the sound wasn't worth plugging in for. Now I play it on my Fender Frontman 15G amp. It sounds a bit better on it but nothing like a Fender or even a Squier. The best style to play with this guitar would probably be punk. The only reason I can really see for that is it manages to play power chords decently.

I bought this guitar becasue it was my first. I bought it from Wal-Mart so there really wasn't much of a selection. I wish I had shopped around a little bit and maybe looked at some of the other entry level guitars before buying this one. If it was stolen I wouldn't care all that much. I would buy something a bit better like a Squier or an Epiphone. I do like the colors of this guitar (military green and black) but color is the least important feature. I've compared this to a Squier Strat and the Strat blows it away. I also with this guitar had come with an amplifier or something making it worth the $150 price tag.

The output on the guitar broke after about five months of playing. It really isn't worth repairing so I just deal with it. The hardware is the cheapest they could produce. I recently borrowed a Strat from my friend to play and I deeply regret not buying the Strat Pack instead of this monstrosity. The finish on the fretboard is starting to wear off as well. The strap buttons are very strong and made out of steel, a definite plus from this guitar. I would not count on this guitar at a gig even as a backup. It is just too unreliable and the sound is weak.

Everything seemed to be put together decently on the guitar. The G string tuning peg is very loose and the string loses its tune in just a few minutes. The guitar is made out of plywood but what do you expect from First Act? Also, the tone knob sticks. The hardware was also a little rusty when I got it.

I bought this guitar at Walmart for $150. It's a 21 fret, Standard sized guitar with a Telecaster body. It is made out of plywood and has one pickup, a volume, and a tone knob. I got two useless strings that broke when I tried to put them in the guitar, two tools, and a tips and tricks CD with this guitar.

YYZX
    LesPauldude667 wrote: Thunderstrucked wrote: sounds good...I`m trying to get rid of you ACDC listeners. They have respect from all these years but listen to a band that doesn`t blast three chords repeatedly. Suggestions Led Zepplin, Billy Talent, The Used, MCR definatly good guitar skillz, and mabey Red Hot Chili Peppers.
    lol MCR?
    LesPauldude667
    Thunderstrucked wrote: sounds good...
    austinjames123
    a friend gave me this guitar 4 free and it sounds ok for a starter guitar but it is nothing close to my samick or ibanez guitars
    Morbius77
    LOLZ... Plywood... That is the funniest thing I have read all day besides the "Log with pickups" comment on anotehr First act guitar review. I used to work at a Toys R' Us, and they had First Garbage... Whenever parents would try to buy them I would hand them the business card for my favorite local music store, and tell them to talk to "Barry" about a student pack from Fender...
    AcousticSlayer
    sharkhead7854 wrote: hahaha TNT is actually 3 power chords!!!
    E, G note, A, G note, E.... Yeah.... Its a blast to sing though, and Bon Scott rocks. He makes everything sound dirty.
    Emo-Slayer
    les paul dude mcr sucks they cant play to save their lves rhcp is ok but mcdouche bags over ac/dc come on
    EnyoAdonai
    Lol ACDC are ok, its the culture that goes with it that I don't like. This guitar sounds like the mail order one Jack White used to play, or so my obsessed haircut sharing whitestripes fan tells me
    Pyaar
    This Guitar is definitely the one of the best beginner guitars you could possiblly own...
    MickeyM140
    Mann i have the same problem the g string knob is loose as hell but it was a only 150 i guess you get what you pay for cheap stuff it does decent on sound
    timzee117
    i was playing this in walmart yesterday (im on vacation and ic ouldnt bring my guitar and i needed my late night fix) so i sat there jammin with it until a crowd came then i stopped. that was the secondbest thing that happened on my vacation. the best was driving a golf cart across the course while ppl were playing
    HenryJoe
    LesPauldude667 wrote: Thunderstrucked wrote: sounds good... I`m trying to get rid of you ACDC listeners. They have respect from all these years but listen to a band that doesn`t blast three chords repeatedly. Suggestions Led Zepplin, Billy Talent, The Used, MCR definatly good guitar skillz, and mabey Red Hot Chili Peppers.
    when u say good guitar skills plz dont ever use the names MCR and red hot chili peppers anywhere near them there riffs are so crappy my ears bleed when i listen to them