ME505 review by First Act

It's kinda metal, rock, a little bit of everything, it has a great clean sound, and when i Switch to full distortion, it sounds unbelievable. It can sound country, rock, metal, and very death metal, in the right tuning. Overall great sound.

My overall impression on this guitar says that it rocks awesomely. I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now, and I have a multi-effect processor/amp modeler, that I run through my First Act 10 watt amp. I regret nothing about trading my guitar, except for the fact that this one doesn't have a whammy system. If I lost it, or someone stole it, I would freak. I love it and everything about it, the thing I like most about it is the 22nd fret that my Squier didn't have, it is pretty cool in dropped tunings because the 22nd fret on the e string is the same note as the open DD (dropped D) string, I really like that thing that my old Squier didn't have. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is a Whammy system, but it's okay, because it's still a great guitar.

I've never had a Live gig, but I think it would be able to last through it. The hardware seems great so I have a good feeling that it will last. The strap buttons are on good, the only reason I dropped it is because of a cheap strap. I would use it on a gig without a backup, it's a very dependable guitar. The finish should last a while, so I don't worry about it much.

The action was really high, but I adjusted that, so no problem. The pickup was in adjusted perfectly, but I decided to raise it a little bit more for some extra output, but either way, I liked it. It is a flawless guitar as far as I know, it sounds great, the only problem is that one of the tuning key was a little bit loose, but really no problem. The control knobs were put on really tight, so they squeak when I turn the volume knob up, but not a big issue at all.

It is also known as the Moderator. It has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard on a maple neck, it feels good and is easy to play on. I'm not sure what wood it's made out of, but it is very light. It is a single cutaway guitar, it almost looks like a tele, but it has a different bridge. It has one very great sounding humbucker pickup, and I love it. It has one tone and one volume knob, but sadly it doesn't come with a tremolo system, but still, I love it. It's a really great beginner guitar. The only thing I lost on my trade from the Squier Strat is the tremolo system. The only thing is that I dropped it once because of a very cheap guitar strap, and the finish does get chipped up pretty easy, but still I'll give this a 10.

chadabryant
    I wound up with this guitar for free after a horribly botched paint job (the less said, the better). I am in the middle of rebuilding it with quality parts. It is definitely NOT a plywood body (other sources indicate it's poplar), and it's a decent maple for the neck. Some of the parts are plastic and need to be tossed (knobs, tuner bushings mostly), but for not very much, you can turn something like this into a decent axe that you can make your own.
    pnkrwolf
    i hav a problem with my B string on this guitar, its also very loose and it comes untuned alot
    paden young
    This was my first guitar and it sucked! After having this guitar for about 2 months I started borrowing my cousins Tradition and it was so much better.