ME571 Review

manufacturer: First Act date: 06/02/2008 category: Electric Guitars
First Act: ME571
Designed in First Act's Studio for Artists, this electric guitar boasts a custom shape and single cutaway solid body for rich, warm sound. The rock-n-roll Skulls design adds a designer dimension.
 5.4
 6.2
 4.6
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
ME571 Reviewed by: xTedx, on june 02, 2008

Features: This electric guitar boasts a custom shape and single cutaway solid body, like the "Les Paul". Features: Two patent-pending humbucking pickups with "rock" distortion. Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. Tilted 3 + 3 headstock to maximize sustain. Chrome-covered tuning machines for accurate tuning. Classic HardTail bridge design for maximum sustain. It has one volume knob and one tone knob. A 3-way selector. 21 frets. it's a nice looking guitar, but unless your 12 (like I was), you won't dig the cheesy skulls to much. The tuning... hmm, it's pretty good, it will stay in tune for a while, and it's pretty easy to change up your tunings on this guitar, though you may have to go over it a couple times. // 7

Sound: Well, this was my very first guitar, it seemed amazing at the time, but now sense I've purchased an Ibanez, yeah. No need to say anymore. My music style would be mostly metal, hardcore, etc. This guitar can partly suit that, but from my opinion it seems to be more of a "classic rock" guitar. Standard tuning, not to much distortion or the guitar will start to sound a bit... blah. When I got this guitar as a gift, it came with a cheep First Act 10-watt amp, which it sounded 'okay' with. When I got some different pedals; "Ultra metal" and "mega distortion" and a couple new amps, the guitar went okay with them, again, "okay". Like I said before, you put too much distortion and it begins to sound sloppy. Though the sound isn't very impressive, it would make a decent beginner guitar. The humbuckers don't buzz too much. Overall on the sound, not too much variety and seems like a decent "classic rock-sounding" guitar. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was actually pretty well set up, I mean for the guitar looking wimpy, it was a bit more sturdy then I would have expected. The guitar is actually very easy to play, the neck is smooth, fret board is easy to move on. When I got the guitar, I didn't see no problems with the pickups, but of course I knew nothing about them, but still after 3 years, the pickups are decent, I wouldn't change them out, rather just buy a new guitar. The bridge was set up properly, from what I can tell. The neck pick-up can be a bit noisy sometimes. The knobs and the selector are sturdy. The input jack was the most frustrating thing on the guitar, it was very loose, and it actual fell completely off the guitar, but that can be easily fixed. So tighten that up, or the chord will keep slipping out, or like what happened to me, it will just fall apart. Over-all pretty decent set-up, just a few minor fixes. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar and Live playing, uhh... not so much. it's a good guitar to stay at home and just mess around, but actually taking it out on stage, I wouldn't recommend that, not because it isn't sturdy enough, just the sound. The hardware may last, it has lasted me 3 years, I've dropped it numerous times, hit it on things, still holding together. The strap buttons are annoying. They are not real solid, so if you move it around to much, the strap is possibly going to slip off. You can depend on this guitar... at home with casual playing. I don't think you could depend on this guitar at a gig with heavy playing. The finish is good I think, it hasn't began to wear off yet. It's pretty durable, let's just not get too carried away with it. Lol. // 6

Overall Impression: Well, with my music style, it isn't that great for me, but if you want to play Ac/Dc, Poison, etc. This guitar would be a decent beginning one for you. I've been playing for about 3-4 years now, I've bought two other guitars, two other amps, and I have purchased 3 new pedals, sense I got this guitar, Need-less to say, I don't play it much anymore. If this guitar was stolen, it wouldn't bother me much, but it was my very first guitar, and I want to keep it, but I wouldn't buy it again. My favorite thing about this guitar, is that it is so much easier to tune than my Ibanez RG350DX. What I really dis-like about this guitar, is that I can't play it loud with heavy distortion because then the sound gets all muffled. My overall opinion about this guitar: If your a beginner and you need a decent guitar to start out on, this is a okay one for ya, but if your intermediate-pro, I wouldn't recommend on you buying this guitar. Simply put, an "okay" guitar for beginners. // 5

Comments