Volkswagen GarageMaster review by First Act

First Act: Volkswagen GarageMaster

Purchased from: a Friend

I haven't played it through an amp yet, so idk. (I just bought it yesterday, and the input jack is nonexistent I'm gonna change the pups though, so it'll sound good. I'll give a 7 for courtesy. It will suit my music style, which is everything. I'll be using a little ibby amp or a Vox something. With a Rocktron distortion, Boss blues driver, and a Zoom modulator. Its prolly got a bright sound, but idk yet. And its prolly best row low distortion stuff lol.

Ill play anything with a guitar, and I'm sure it'll do christian music well. I've been playing 2.5 years, and have 4 other guitars, including a Dean dime from hell, and a little Ibanez amp and like 3 pedals. I would totally buy it again, and pay up to $100 lol. I love the fact that it is white, ivbe wanted a white guitar since I started playing, and I absolutely love vws, I also like the preamp, although I have yet to use it lol. I wish it had more picks, and it would be cooler if the strap actually buckled like a seatbelt. But I found a godsend for 30$ and can't wait to get it fixed later this week:))) I also wished I could plug it in... Lol

I've been playing this guitar constantly the past day, and it hasn't went out of tune, no sharp frets or anything, nice and good for playing chunky chords, and pretty loud unplugged. Everything seems well above standard, and I would definately gig w/o a backup.

Since I got it from a buddy who rules at guitar, everything was set up perfectly. The only problem is he had to take out the input jack to put it in his washburn... _... But it would be perfect otherwise. Its action is perfect, its fit I guess, and the finish is again atah beautiful white.

This luscious guitar was made in 2006, as a promotion for volkswagon to sell more cars. It has a medium-c shaped 22 fret maple neck, with a rosewood fretboard. Its a solid top and has a beautiful pearloid pickguard. The finish is like a flat alpine white:) it is shaped like a lp junior. Its a string thru body. I think the pups are passive. Its got 3 knobs with a vw symbol on them, 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 idk. Its got a 3-way switch, and a built I'm preamp with pup boost, treble cut/boost, and a distortion switch. Its got 2 humbuckers. Idk bout the tunes, but they seem solid:) it came witha cool gig bag, a seatbelt style strap, picks, a cable, and the original amplifier was the car lol.

SlenderMan`
    the input jack is non existant? you havent played through an amp? this is one of the worst reviews ive ever read on UG
    Paraiyan
    like, i don't know what to think about this...wrote a review on a guitar after playing it an entire day, and is incapable of being hooked up to an amp, the pickups might be passive, it's somehow impossible to tell though...it IS, however, pretty loud being played acoustically...i hope he was wearing earplugs...but who know's what that third knob does, that's a hell of a mystery. ever wonder why your buddy who rules at guitar sold it to you for $30? at least we know it's 'prolly' got a bright sound and best 'row' low distortion stuff
    shwilly
    My head hurts... Volkswagen literally means "peoples car" and the company was founded by the nazis with the idea of creating an affordable vehicle so every German could be able to drive one, so it's only fitting that they're trying to make you purchase their cars by giving away cheap guitars... They're not even very exclusive: I think I've seen 2 of them on eBay already. Who knows, maybe they're acually pretty good instruments within the beginner - intermediate player price range (kinda hard to tell from this review tho :\) but I wouldn't pay more than 120-150 bucks for one, even if were in mint condition (you know, with an input jack and all)
    Linkerman
    Why do people insist on posting reviews of equipment they didn't had time to explore yet? Or, in this particular case, even fix it? When you buy something, you'll obviously be excited about it and advertising it for some time! Only after the "new thing" excitment passes you'll be able to fully discover any flaws... And another thing that bugs me: how can people give 8's, 9's and 10's so easily on "Reliability & Durability" if they only had the equipment in their hands for a couple of days/months?!?! I'm surprised this kind of review doesn't get rejected. Quality over quantity, folks...
    The^Unforgiven
    Not Trey
    This review sucks... And I really wish I knew what that third control knob did.
    stevenpollock
    aaron_masta wrote: A few things 1) It's a First Act. None of those even deserve a 5. They are built to last a few weeks, and be loud unplugged. Thats it. 2)You've owned it for a day, haven't plugged it in, and you decide to write a review. Of course you're gonna love it, you just got it. 3)You never said what kind of music you play. 'Christian' could be Kutless, David Crowder, MercyMe, Relient K, Switchfoot...the list goes on and on. Please be more specific next time. God Bless ya bro
    fburns
    The^Unforgiven wrote: Lol, it's different to debate about the time one should spend with gear before reviewing it, but I think it's safe to say that an electric guitar shouldn't be reviewed before even plugging them in.
    I wish to second that motion.
    EpiExplorer
    Nissan did something like this a while back. And I'm sure everyone will agree with me that this reviewer failed..
    barden1069
    I have to admit that despite the horrible review, I do really like the way that guitar looks...
    brandonvrsn
    this is pure garbage, sorry kid but really.... wtf were u thinking? better yet, what was UG thinking by letting this slip under the radar? please delete this review, there is nothing useful about this accept that I know to never read a review from this user again
    needtoskate12
    you havent even plugged it in??!!! and youve only had it for a day!!??? why the hell would you write a review for this!!!???
    aaron_masta
    stevenpollock wrote: I've never played any of the First Act Discovery line instruments, as they are strictly beginner instruments and probably DO sound like crap. But I have a few friends endorsed by First Act and have had custom models made, (this looks like a Delia Solid) and they're actually very nice instruments.
    Hmmm. Thats interesting. But customs are a bit different than normal production models. lol. Tell your friends I said to keep rocking!
    kerguitar08
    The only First Act guitars that are good are their custom shop ones. Else, they are pure crap.
    beneharris
    richard_edwards wrote: Jesus. Sort this crap out, UG, it's getting frustrating!
    yes this. but on a seperate note. has anyone stopped to think that this is probably a joke?
    aaron_masta
    beneharris wrote: but on a separate note. has anyone stopped to think that this is probably a joke?
    "This luscious guitar was made in 2006, as a promotion for volkswagon to sell more cars." That might be possible.
    PUNKinheadedboy
    Am I the only one who noticed that this guy plays CHRISTIAN music, and yet he also has a Dean Dime From Hell?
    Coster
    why does it say 'lol' after most sentences, when the only funny thing was how poor the review itself was?
    multipleofone
    salgala2000 wrote: This reveiw = The Devil Wears Prada's First Album
    This and Deftones new album
    MrGuitarGuy01
    I always liked this guitar. Kind of reminds me of Brian Mays, except this one probably sounds like shit. Still a cool body style.
    learntolove6
    pretty poor. leave the "lol"s and smilie faces out of the review. and, since you clearly haven't tested it at all, maybe next time give it more than a day.
    zerocenx
    wtf... no input jack and only had it ONE day? seriously UG guys need to read this before letting it go on the main page
    One-FISH-
    30 dollars....impression 9. I guess you have never seen another guitar.....
    Charlie4
    Could this be a troll review or merely a guy Very excited about his new git? I don't know, but this is not acceptable UG - it's Bad for the site, so please check the reviews next time.
    dementiacaptain
    i almost think that the reviewer meant to make this terrible. in any case ive wondered on these for a while, they looked neat in the commercials.
    Tyler Durden
    what the eff is with people writing reviews after a DAY of owning it??? There needs to be a rule to stop these USELESS reviews
    Rufiothebandito
    The third knob adjusts the preamp gain, it works like a built in overdrive pedal, it's really sweet.
    Linkerman
    Rufiothebandito wrote: Ok first off, it has an input jack, I don't know what he's talking about.
    Since his writing is a mess, you have to read carefully:
    It HAD an input jack. Apparently, the previous owner removed it to use it in a Washburn.
    Rufiothebandito
    Ok first off, it has an input jack, I don't know what he's talking about. It has a built in pre-amp with an led to let you know it's active and it sounds fantastic. It was made to be played through the cars speaker system, so he may have been confused with the cable that came with it. Other than that, awful review, reads like an Instant Messenger conversation.