Acrylic Randy Rhoads V review by Galveston

Galveston: Acrylic Randy Rhoads V

Purchased from: Total Music Source (Amazon.com)

This amazing guitar suits my needs perfectly. Great sound, great features. I have played guitar for almost 9 years now, and I have experience playing most every different style of music. I play mostly metal, though, so it suits my needs and actually exceeds them. I played with this guitar through a couple different amps and a few different amp models on my Line 6 Spider III HD150 half stack. No matter what amp it plays through or amp model it plays with, it sounds flawless to me. I just adjust the tone on the amp to how I want it to sound and it's fine with me.

Overall, considering all the features of this guitar and the sound and all that, I think this guitar is a really good guitar. It exceeds my needs and is a great deal on a different take on a Randy Rhoads V guitar. The guitar company makes pretty unique instruments anyways, so having an acrylic v makes it all good. Overall, I would recommend it for any intermediate or advanced guitar player.

To me, it seems like it will withstand regular wear and tear from the small gigging musician. Most guitars do anyways with proper care and maintenance. I will probably use this guitar as my drop C# guitar. It seems like it will hold it's tuning as long as you keep enough springs and tension on the neck and the bridge.

Action on this guitar was kind of sucks. It's not as low as I like it, but still not high to the point that I would hate to play it. I mean, action is something that is easy to fix. The overall quality and looks of the guitar...I mean it's just sweet. I get up on stage to play and people see it, a lot of them will be thinking pr saying "Hey, cool guitar. It looks awesome!"

This unique guitar, made in China, features 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard. So many cool features, I can't really fit it into a short review! The neck itself is a hardwood maple neck. It has lightning bolt inlays, or you can call them Shark teeth inlay, what best suits you. Here's the kicker...the body? It's acrylic. Acrylic?! Meaning see through...like Lucite. Jackson Randy Rhoads V body. Heavy, yes. But it does give it a really awesome look! You could play it at a gig with lights and it would look majorly sweet. One of the best features on it is the Floyd Rose bridge. Yes, Floyd Rose. One of the best locking tremolo systems in the world on this guitar. Sounds to me like the humbuckers on them are Duncan Designed with the guitar brand name slapped on there. You also get 1 chrome volume knob with a 3-way selector Switch for either or both of the humbuckers. Just your basic 2 humbucker configuration-bridge and neck. Overall, the guitar itself is 43". When I got it, the package included a cable, tremolo bar, and the Allen wrenches for the locking tuners and tremolo system.

EpiExplorer
    Line 6 Spider III HD150
    I'm just gonna add that there. Anyway, plexiglass guitars are bastard heavy, so this must be a cinder block. Wanna know why Kirk Hammett doenst play his wavecaster much? Cuz he cant carry it. Thats the biggest let down about this guitar.
    FeiRei
    You aren't kidding about weight. I have a green acrylic mockingbird from BC Rich, and it is a monster. I only use it at show, and only for a couple songs because it kills my back.
    salgala2000
    voodoowitchdr
    Xguitarfreek13X
    salgala2000 : Wouldn't plexiglass sacrifice tone? Even if you have active pickups (which it doesn't) and a floyd rose wouldn't having no wood sacrifice tone? same thing goes for aluminum guitars
    Well, with any material other than wood you sacrifice at least a little tone. You just have to learn how to get used to it and if you can't, you can always get rid of it and get one better. By the way this was my review I just didn't log in to review it.
    Xguitarfreek13X
    voodoowitchdr wrote: Does the weight of the acrylic body help it balance better. When I play Vs they tend to do a kamikaze nose dive...
    Not necessarily. Most guitars do a kamikaze nose dive (nice way to put that by the way) if the body is a heavy material. I have normal wood guitars that do that. Just depends on the denseness of the body.
    Ben2k9
    I have the standard acrylic V from this company and yes, it is good. Its getting better with age actually! plus its not really much heavier than a chunky bass guitar, I play mine all the time