Acrylic Randy Rhoads V Review

manufacturer: Galveston date: 04/27/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Galveston: Acrylic Randy Rhoads V
Considering all the features of this guitar and the sound and all that, I think this guitar is a really good guitar.
 1,293
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Acrylic Randy Rhoads V Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 27, 2010

Purchased from: Total Music Source (Amazon.com)

Features: This unique guitar, made in China, features 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard. So many cool features, I can't really fit it into a short review! The neck itself is a hardwood maple neck. It has lightning bolt inlays, or you can call them Shark teeth inlay, what best suits you. Here's the kicker...the body? It's acrylic. Acrylic?! Meaning see through...like Lucite. Jackson Randy Rhoads V body. Heavy, yes. But it does give it a really awesome look! You could play it at a gig with lights and it would look majorly sweet. One of the best features on it is the Floyd Rose bridge. Yes, Floyd Rose. One of the best locking tremolo systems in the world on this guitar. Sounds to me like the humbuckers on them are Duncan Designed with the guitar brand name slapped on there. You also get 1 chrome volume knob with a 3-way selector Switch for either or both of the humbuckers. Just your basic 2 humbucker configuration-bridge and neck. Overall, the guitar itself is 43". When I got it, the package included a cable, tremolo bar, and the Allen wrenches for the locking tuners and tremolo system. // 9

Sound: This amazing guitar suits my needs perfectly. Great sound, great features. I have played guitar for almost 9 years now, and I have experience playing most every different style of music. I play mostly metal, though, so it suits my needs and actually exceeds them. I played with this guitar through a couple different amps and a few different amp models on my Line 6 Spider III HD150 half stack. No matter what amp it plays through or amp model it plays with, it sounds flawless to me. I just adjust the tone on the amp to how I want it to sound and it's fine with me. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action on this guitar was kind of sucks. It's not as low as I like it, but still not high to the point that I would hate to play it. I mean, action is something that is easy to fix. The overall quality and looks of the guitar...I mean it's just sweet. I get up on stage to play and people see it, a lot of them will be thinking pr saying "Hey, cool guitar. It looks awesome!" // 9

Reliability & Durability: To me, it seems like it will withstand regular wear and tear from the small gigging musician. Most guitars do anyways with proper care and maintenance. I will probably use this guitar as my drop C# guitar. It seems like it will hold it's tuning as long as you keep enough springs and tension on the neck and the bridge. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, considering all the features of this guitar and the sound and all that, I think this guitar is a really good guitar. It exceeds my needs and is a great deal on a different take on a Randy Rhoads V guitar. The guitar company makes pretty unique instruments anyways, so having an acrylic v makes it all good. Overall, I would recommend it for any intermediate or advanced guitar player. // 9

Comments