1968 Les Paul Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: 1968 Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: A&R Guitar Shop

It has good "metal" noises, distorts very nicely. I use a small Marshall amp that can simply amplify and distort it. It's best used on a "5" setting volume, and a 8 setting tone. It has full sound, it can practiccaly make any noise, except the noise a whammy bar makes.

I've been playing it since I was 12 in 1972! I actually didn't want to, my older brother had threatened me that if I didn't play guitar, he'd beat me up! All I know is it the best quality one I have ever seen!

I use it in my band "GuessWork", I play live in our city park, and I've had it since I was 12. It seems the pickups will last another 25 years or so, after a while though, the back is getting kind of torn, but not much. It's in good condition.

It was obviously made nicely, with the 2 pickups set up nicely. I have no opinion, though.

The guitar is a '68 Gibson Les Paul Standard. I paid 2,110 bucks on the thing! It's made in America, it has Grover tuners, mahagony neck, 3 layers of ash wood on the body. It has a single cut-away on the left, and has the same amount of frets as a normal acoustic guitar. Instead of dotted frets, it has clam shells on it. It came with a case, a strap, and a cord.

suicidehummer
    Wylde and Slash have signature Epi models, but they'd never play them onstage; only Gibbys for them.
    SG69
    if epi was as good as gibson then why is a les paul ultra 600 when a gibson les paul standard 3000? kinda makes you wonder dont it. but with gibson if you dont buy a $4000 custom shop model your getting an epiphone with a different headstock
    AidanGAdd
    this has now told me what guitar i want and i only signed up 30 mins a go been playin 4 3 years on a copy strat and i really want some amazin music 2 play on a amazin guitar but wtf 2000 its ridiculose i hate the price its stupid but i hope i get what i payy for
    joshguitarzz
    vintage gibson guitars are the best! i would really like to own one. but i have a stratocaster right now and i'm really content with it. but still...
    digoutyerarse
    The Malt wrote: liam gallagher used an epoiphone too
    errrrr you mean noel right?? Liam doesn't play electric guitars but he does have a epiphone hummingbird
    FolkertG
    Oh my bad, that's the '59 model (though still an ungodly amount of money)
    FolkertG
    OMG! Only $2000?! Here in Europe yo have to pay nearly 4600 (which is about $6500 at the moment)!!
    stratomaster 94
    it is great but i dont think it is worth 2000 dont think im putting them down if i had the money i would get one that second but not 2k
    tom_martin_123
    Corman15 wrote: I have played both Gibson and Epiphone Les Pauls, and let me tell you, there is no difference but the names of the people who play Gibsons. (eg: Jimmy Page) That is why they are so much more expencive than the Epiphone Les Pauls.
    Disagree. Thats the biggest load of bull i've ever heard..... Gibson kicks the crap out of epi. Seriously you must not have your tone ear!
    logicalparadox
    Whoa, what about Zakk Wylde and Slash, they both use epiphone les pauls... and are both 2 very amazing guitarist... Now as talented as Page, probably not. I've played both guitars quite often, and the tones sound very similar. I would LOVE to have a Gibson tho...
    cajun_prince
    whats the difference between humbuckers and burstbuckers?! pls answer.. im a bit newbie here.
    guitargirl2049
    I have owned one of these guitars for a few months now and it is absolutely amazing!! I play everything from rock to blues and this guitar can withstand it all. It was a great step up from the $170 guitar I wore out during my first few years of playing. Although it was a little pricy, I know it's probably going to be useful for a lifetime so it's worth it.
    The Malt
    guthix777 wrote: 1st, they do cost a lot of money. I like my strat a little better than any of the gibson guitars. Fender Strats are around 1 grand. 2nd, Ray Toro uses a Epiphone Les Paul. Epiphones are about $600. Gibson's have a better neck and are better to play.
    liam gallagher used an epoiphone too
    Findingemo1993
    i want one soooo bad but i cant afford something like this. ive got a strat copy that i started w/ and i got an epiphone g-4oo SG
    guthix777
    -hatebreeder-
    Well idk..gibson is a great guitar..they're very nice..but i think they're over-rated...lol but they have great tones..but way too spendy i suppose...but yeah they're alright not too bad
    Corman15
    rian chester
    this electric guitar looks like the guitar used by ray toro of my chemical romance? is this it? please answer. if ur sure!
    TOB00
    To Any body who owns a vintage and/or remake LP: Do newer remakes have the same or similar tone as there originals, or is it completely different?? Thnx
    Icebolt
    Gibsons own i wish i could afford em, i love them the own ass, woo i want it
    RythmicTension
    Gibson>Epiphone no questions asked no way anyone could ever argue it for any reason ever. However...they are hard on the pocketbook.