1968 Les Paul Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: 1968 Les Paul Standard

Price paid: $ 2000

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

This guitar's tone ranges is also simply amazing. You don't even need an amazing amp to make it sound good, I just use a 30W Fender for practicing. It can actually make your amp louder, because of its two volume controls. It's noisiest on treble. A very very rich sound, if you want it, thats how much variety you can get on this guitar. It has two tone controls, and they help you get the sound you want. Very broad range of tone.

Seriously, the only downside is that it costs a ton of money. But I got a deal so that I got a free Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker with it so I sold that for 400 dollars and used it to pay off part of the guitar. It's a masterpiece. This guitar is staying around my house for a long time.

I can definitely depend on this guitar. I went from a cheap imitation Strat, to this guitar, and it actually improved my playing. It's so nice! The finish has gotten scratched on the back from my spike belt, but I just take if off when I play it now. I haven't gotten a chance to play it live, but you know that it plays well live from Jimmy Page. The only thing is i would always have a backup at a gig, because light strings snap pretty easily (and this guitar comes with pretty light strings). You know, just in case The Hardware, after 2 months of playing, is seemingly fine. You get what you pay for. Trust me.

The guitar seems as if it was hand crafted which I think it may have been. The pickups were adjusted perfectly, and the bridge was flawless. The only flaw on the guitar is that the input washer got a little loose once. Once.

The guitar I bought was a 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard. It is simply amazing, it has 22 frets, dual Humbuckers , a 3-way tone selector (rhythm, treble or in-between), a mahagony body, pearl inlay! AA carved maple head, and I ordered it with the 60's slim taper neck because my hands are small. The neck hits the body at the 16th fret, but its got a single cutaway on the body so you can reach the frets up to 22 no sweat. Seriously, the only downside is that it costs a TON of money. But I got a deal so that I got a free Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker with it (that's right free) so I sold it for 400 dollars and used it to pay off the guitar.