2002 Les Paul Special review by Gibson

Gibson: 2002 Les Paul Special

Neck P-100 pickup sounds really good and has lots of tone to it. The P-100 in the bridge however is muddy under distoration and lacks the right tone for the mids and highs. Really good sound overall though from the mahogany body and the mahongany neck. It's a Gibson enough said :).

I play music ranging from classic 60-70s rock like hendrix, led zepplin, etc to blues and metal. This guitar with the right pickup combination and amp can play anything you want. This guitar with teh right modifications can play better then 95% of the guitars out there. Throw in some nice P-90 soapbox pickups in it and it will play with bad to the bone tone and sustain. If you find this year or a close year to it with the P-100 special layout NON FADED SERIES on ebay for less then 800 in good condition I recommend BUY IT you wont be disapointed.

The guitar is rock solid reliable. You can depend on this guitar, the stock hardware is nice however I slightly modified my guitar after one of the head tuners broke I decided to Switch out the Gibson stock tuners and use some grovers. With the grovers installed I stay in tune much better and it really complements my guitar and its look. I also changed out the stock P-100 bridge pickup and stuck a Rio Grande Jazzbar in the bridge. Now with the Jazzbar in the bridge and P-100 in the neck it sounds and plays like a dream.

Action out of factory was ok but I took mine to a pro guitar repair man after changing my string gauge from .10s to .09s. The guitar is comfortable to play and can get lost playing for hours. The finish is great however I would of prefered to get in a red color the black shows small scratches etc easily.

Body: Mahogany Neck/Profile: Mahogany/1960 Slim taper Fingerboard/Inlay: Rosewood 22 frets/Dot Scale/Nut Width: 243/4"/111/16 Bridge/Tailpiece: Tune-o-matic/Stopbar Hardware: Chrome Pickups: P-100 stacked humbuckers(soapbox P-90 Layout).

H, Omitted
    Since it is my duty to de-virginize this comment section, I must say nice reviews for a nice six.
    remix37
    where can i get one of these in st>johns newfoundland? and how did you get it for that price?