Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior review by Gibson

Gibson: Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior

Price paid: A$ 1500

Purchased from: Sky Music, Melbourne

This guitar is perfect for all kinds of rock it growls like an 100 angry dogs. I'm using a Marshall DSL 401 with this and Cry Baby Wah and sometimes a DigiTech Delay. This guitar can make many tones and it's not a one trick pony as many say, the only thing it can't do is mellow rich blues, which I don't play.

This is a great guitar and I highly recommend it. I have heard that it is much better than regular juniors but I haven't played one myself so I'm not sure, it does have better features though nitro lacquer, hard case, H-90 etc. If it were stolen I would be very upset because this guitar is the only one that was great and I would try and find another like it. This is a great guitar and I highly recommend it.

I don't gig but this guitar seems pretty slid and I would take it to a gig without a backup. The strap buttons are not bad but I but Schaller Strap Locks on just in case, which I do with all my guitars. The finish is great and if you look close enough you can see the grain of the wood.

The guitar was perfectly set-up from the factory and I have found no problems with it. The pickups are great no rust anywhere nothing poorly cut although once when I was playing the string slipped out of the nut but it went back in by itself. So overall this guitar is perfect right out of the box.

I picked this guitar up late last year and it was made in 2009, and of course made in Nashville. It has an ebony fretboard, which is extremely fast, and has a slim 60's neck so the guitar is very easy to play. It has a nitrocellulose lacquer and the one I own is in Classic White but it also comes in Vintage Sunburst and Ebony. It has one H-90, which essentially is a P-90 wrapped many times to reduce hum and it has Gibson tuners.

excaliber9
    huh? Sky Music sold one in 2011 and then i miss out on one at sky AGAIN that BJ actually played in melbourne??? MY LIFE IS RUINED!!!! jks