Buckethead Signature Les Paul review by Gibson

Gibson: Buckethead Signature Les Paul

Purchased from: eBay

-I play lot's of 80's hard rock/hair kinda stuff (think Van Halen, Tesla, Kiss, Mr. Big, lots of NWOBHM etc.) and obviously Buckethead stuff. But it plays perfectly for what I want, you can get a really good Randy Rhoads kinda tone out of it too. -I use 2 amps, a 1986 Marshall JCM800 2204, and a Fender Supersonic. My pedalboard consists of an MXR Dyna Comp, Ibanez Jemini OD/Distortion, DOD Flanger, MXR Black Label Chorus, and MXR Carbon Copy Delay -Not noisy AT ALL, only is it noisy when I boost distortion with more distortion from the Jemini. The sound is very Rich and Full, very Bright, kinda hard to explain, but it sounds great, a lot like some of the sounds Bucket's known for having (Think Soothsayer, Lebron, Lebrontron, Jordan etc.) through the JCM800 -With this guitar you have endless variety, especially with the added killswitches! They're extremely fun to play around with and also add something to throw in at shows to grab the audiences attention and make them go "What was that?" and the coil tap is fun to mess with to, especially if your playing something like Maiden.

Like I said I play lots of 80's hard rock/hair and NWOBHM, and its a great match. I've been playing for quite a while and I own a 2001 1960 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Classic, Gibson Flying V, Late 90's Gibson SG, a homeade goldtop replica with Dimarzio's, and a Dean Dime Razorback Cemetery Gates model. This Buckethead model is a great mix of all my guitars, besides the whammy on the Dean. If it were lost or stolen I would be pissed, I would definitely buy another though given the chance, even though there are so few of them. I love everything about this guitar, favorite feature is the sound (duh) and next to that killswitches are extremely fun. I didn't compare it to any other products, I just went in knowing what I wanted and when I saw it I had that instinct that says "That's the one." Highly recommended to anyone who can afford it and likes any sort of rock style of music. I'd give it a 10 in my opinion, but since I know that many may argue with me on that I'll give it a 9.

-I'm not completely sure if it will withstand live playing yet, I haven't tried it yet, but I think it will because the few times I've bumped into something, its been unaffected, no dent, no chip, didn't even come outta tune. -I believe it will. -So far they've been solid enough, still gotta throw on some strap locks though. -I still say ALWAYS have a back up but I think that yes I could depend on it to last a whole show. -I think the finish will manage to stay good for a long time, being that its unlike most Gibson finishes. It just seems like it'l last.

For me the set up was perfect, I love the way Gibson sets up they're guitars out of the factory I've never really had to adjust a Gibson guitar unless it was used and messed with

-Made in USA in 2011 -24 Frets -Maple Top -Chambered Mahogany body, Mahogany neck -Satin White, Sealed in Nitrocellulose, with a Satin Surface Texture -Oversized 27" Les Paul Body -Tune-O-Matic Bridge -1 Volume Knob, 1 Tone Knob/Coil Tap, 2 Red Killswitch's and 1 3 way toggle -Gibson 500T (Ceramic) in Bridge, Gibson 496R (Ceramic) in Neck -Schaller Locking Keystone Tuners -Came with Gibson Buckethead Hardshell Case