EDS-1275 review by Gibson

Gibson: EDS-1275

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I play this guitar through Fender Frontman amps w/ and w/o effects. Both ways it sounds great. I play mostly rock and rock of differnet types and it's extremely suitable for any type. The best thing though is if you use the neck pickup it sounds very, how can I put this? Amazing and Smoke On The Water-ish. This guitar is perfect for anything. What I found very nice was that when I got the guitar, there was no unwanted buzz and just a very powerful sound.

I play rock and this guitar is just perfect for any type of rock. I've been playing quite a while and I have no regrets with this beautiful creation.What I love about this guitar is definitely the sound quality. It's just beautiful, whether it's w/ or w/o drive or effects. The only thing about it is the weight distribution. The necks are heavier than the body, but definitely nt worth it to not not buy this guitar because of that. If it was stolen I'd have to buy something else because of the price tag.Overall amazing peice of work, I really tip my hat to the folks at Gibson for this one.

This guitar can and will survive lots of live playing. I play it all the time at home and every other gig I do I use this one. Never has anything gone wrong with it, very reliable. I can depend on this guitar and I have used it without a backup and everything went well. Everything about this Gibson was built to last.

Everything about the set-up of this guitar surprised me.Most guitars that I see people buying now come very poorly set-up. Bad finish, really poor action, and the way the bridge looks, it looks like a drunk set it up. But this guitar did not have any of these flaws. The Gibson guys really did a good job on this baby.

The features on this guitar are just great. It features a mahogany wood body and maple necks, rosewood 20-fret fingerboards, solid maple necks, Vintage Gibson tuners, 3-way selector, and a tune-o-matic bridge. The Pickups are Gibson PAF's (Patent Applied For) humbuckers. To top it off, the EDS-1275's are handmade in the Gibson Custom Shop in Tennessee.