ES-137 Classic review by Gibson

Gibson: ES-137 Classic

The sound of this music machine. You can get any sound through it. Only problem with the pickups are the pickupcovers - with them on it looks better but they are much noisier. But that problem most guitars with humbuckers have.

I play all kinds of music from blues to heavy metall on it, I've been playing totally for about 11 years. The ES-137 Classic works with everything (well maybe not if you only play with really heavy dist - then find yourself a solid-body guitar). Compared to a Les Paul Studio (in the same price league). The ES-137C it's much more lively (sounds much better without tons of dist). Even though it has the same pickups. It also feels much better. It also looks better - very beautiful body with f-holes. So if you are thinking about buying a LP Studio you should really compare with this one first. Only drawback it has is that it might be a little big.

Before I bought this guitar I've read some reviews about it saying that it'd be rather unstaible on scene. I can tell you that is a lie. I've played this guitar on a big scene (2000+ people) and never had a problem with feedback. It's not like most other semi-hollow electrics, this one has a mahogany block in the middle taking away all the feedback.

This guitar was handpicked by myself, it is perfect, (I've had something to complain about with all my previous gibsons, but this one is a real flawless masterpiece).

Featuring all the standard Gibson features: - Nice case - Tune-o-matit bridge - A wonderful laminate flamy finish! - Grover tuners, keeping the tone very well (much better than the ugly green ones Gibson uses on many Les Paul modells) - 490R, 498T pickups

Dimonback
    Maybe it's just me. I was looking for a replacement for my incredible '68 335 (sold during bad times) without mortgaging my firstborn. I thought this would be kinda sorta close but... Then again, I found the 137P on Ebay- strange blue metallic finish, P90s (which are fine, to be honest), and overal a somewhat cheaper version of the Classic and Custom. Of course it's a thicker body than the 335, which is disappointing, but generally the thing just doesn't lend itself to my style of playing. I'll stick with my LP DC, thanks!