ES-335 Reissue review by Gibson

Gibson: ES-335 Reissue

Purchased from: Music Ground

I play in 2 band with very different styles (jazz and metal) and in the 25 years I have been playing this guitar without a shadow of a doubt is one of the best I have played. It has A huge array of tone variety that will suit Any style of playing. I never really crank up the volume and add lots of distortion but I'm sure if you did this guitar would not leave any of its tone in the clean channel! Like I said the guitar can handle just about anything you throw at it and if you did throw something at it the paintwork would stay as it is the day you bought it! Very good for durability.

For me this guitar is perfect, when playing jazz and metal it is very difficult to find the correct guitar for both but with the ES-335 Reissue I think I have found that very guitar. I have played for 20 years (semi-pro)and use this guitar through a Marshall MF350 with 2 cabs (usually) and it combination just seems to work perfectly. The thing I would ask before I bought it is "why is it so darn good?" But no really I wouldn't ask much before buying (because simply playing it answers all your questions). I would buy this guitar again if it were stolen, I could never part with this guitar now I have used it so much! I love everything about it and hate nothing, But if I had to pick my favourite feature it would have to be pick ups as I dont think you could beat them anywhere in the world, they are simply amazing. The only thing I wish it had was a drinks dispenser (because it has just about everything else you need).

I play live 3 times a week so in the 2 months I have owned it I have gigged with it 24 times and it has never let me down, I don't need a backup when I have this guitar with me. In my metal 'performance' it withstands a big amount of abuse (hitting amps, micstands etc). The hardware seems it will last as I have hit it pretty hard and everything is still in place and does not move or rattle like my many previous guitars have. The strap buttons I replaced with new strap locks so I have no idea how the originals would have coped! Like I said I use this guitar without a backup as I know it will never let me down. I said earlier that the paintwork will stay as it was the day you bought it and it will really take some doing to get the paint to chip or flake.

When I bought this 'axe' the action was much to high for me, so I Spent about 3 days setting it up (I love messing about to get the perfect tone). But after that it was perfect. The pickups only needed a slight amount of adjusting because they had been messed with in the shop (so a little less work for me). I have played this guitar for just over 2 months and I can see only one flaw. And that is I cant see a flaw (I Love fixing something or setting it up correctly but there was hardly anything to do with it).

This Beautiful guitar was made in Memphis, TN, USA about 10 years ago. It has 22 jumbo frets all on a Rosewood neck with 10 Pearloid dot fret markers. The Amazing maple hollow body Is brilliant for any guitarist to play any genre and get the tone they want. Metal to jazz. Rock To classical, This Guitar can handle it! I bought this guitar in its classic red satin finish, but many other colours and finishes are available. It is a hollow body guitar with all the bite and tone of a solid body. The bridge is a ABR bridge with a stopbar and can be changed for the more classical 'Lucille' Look! The controls are: 2 separate pickup volume knobs, and 2 tone variety knobs that allow for a happy, springy light sound to a heavy, screaming metal sound. The 2 Gibson covered humbuckers allow hundreds of combinations of tone that would suit even the fussiest of guitarists! Comes with Grover tuners (non-locking) that look just the part to bring an older guitar into the modern world.