Explorer review by Gibson

Gibson: Explorer

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

It sounds awesome when it's plugged in. When it isn't it's quite noisy, and a pretty harsh buzz comes from the neck pickup, which is unnoticable when plugged in. It also has mini humbuckers, which can be fun to play around with as theres alot you can do with them.

I play anywhere from soft, minor rock, to heavy thrash metal, which this guitar can pull pretty well anything off, so as far as matching my personality, I think its quite good. I've played a while, and all I have either than this are Jackson's, BC Rich's, and Fender's. And I wanted to try something different. If it were stolen, I would probably get something else, as I dont think it was worth the money I paid. I loved the action, and hated how it was a halfassed paintjob. The only thing I wish it had, was an ebony fretboard wither than that, it's alright

I think it would withstand it, yes. The hardware seems okay and that it should last a while. The strap buttons are solid, a little bit over sized, which in my opinion is a good thing but something like that could be quite controversial.

The body and paint were nicely done, or so I thought when I bought it. Once I brought it home I examined it a bit more and found a bit of chipping where the covers on the back meet the body. The volume and tone knobs are a bit loose, and so is the pickup selector, but it's liveable.

It's an American Gibson, what more can I say. It's a solid body, neck through, rosewood fretboard. Metallic yellow paint. It's quite unique looking, with the yellow paint on silver hardware.