Explorer review by Gibson

Gibson: Explorer

Sounds great! I play many different types of music. I dislike metal, but if I wanted to play it I could. It hums a little when the volume on the guitar is above 3. It doesn't have great treble but a pup change can fix those minor problems. I'd say this guitar is very versatile.

I love mine. I have been playing for 5 years and this is my second electric. It's about time too. I wish that the guy at guitar center wasn't such a jerk. They really need more qualified people there. He wouldn't lower the price at all for cosmetic blemishes on another one so I had to travel there back and there again for a good guitar. 45 miles. If it was stolen, I wouldn't have money for another one but I would easily buy another.

After a straplock system is installed then it should be great for Live playing. Everything about this guitar seems durable to me. No problems yet, just be careful with the wings. I haven't played Live yet but I will. If I had money I would get a backup but for a small gig, I wouldn't worry about playing w/o a backup.

This area is my only complaint. There was and is minor buzzing. The guy at guitar center was too lazy to check it out when I asked him, but I am going back on Saturday before the warranty runs out to get it set up. The action is probably as good as it gets. It plays very well though. The intonation is off on 4 strings and on the other 2 it is decent. The toggle Switch comes loose and doesn't lock too well in bridge or neck positions. The saddles in the bridge weren't carved out well enough and some look like they were cut twice.

I bought this guitar about a month ago. It was made in May 2007 in Nashville. 22 frets Classic White with Ebony fretboard solid mahagany body set neck tune-o-matic bridge. You know, the Standard. Came with a case. Not too much razzle dazzle. For what it has, it is good. Could use better pickups.