Explorer Pro review by Gibson

Gibson: Explorer Pro

Price paid: € 1300

Purchased from: Bjoernholt Musik

This guitar suit's everything! I play mostly Hard Rock and Metal. I use a Peavey Bandit 112 and a Roland Cube 60. It is a little noisy But not that much. It has a very full sound with the right strings. Again it can make any sound you want it to. It is also very good for tapping. Pinch Harmonics is as easy as pie in this guitar.

This is a perfect match for any style of music. It plays Hard Rock and Metal especially well though. I have been playing for 4 months and I also own an Epiphone G-400 Worn Brown. If this got stolen I would completely break down as I own the only one in Denmark and I had to Drive 3 hours to get to it. If I could buy another one I would. I love the shape! But I hate the Dot inlays. I wish it had Block inlays. I chose it because I was looking for something different and It was perfect! I wish it had another tone knob though.

I would play Live without a backup. This guitar will not break. It needs strap locks though. It feels like the finish will last forever. The strap buttons are very small. I am going to replace them with Dunlop Dual Design Strap loks. I am already replacing the the top hat knobs with speed knobs but that is just a matter of taste.

The guitar was well set up besides the strings. The action was a little to high though. The pickup adjustment was perfect. It had a little dent on the headstock though. It has a AA Flame Maple top. I also forgot to mention that it also has Antique top binding.

It was made in January 2007 in Nashville Tennessee. It has 22 Rosewood Jumbo Frets with Dot inlays. The body is mahogany and so is the neck. Mine has a flamed top. Of course it has an Explorer body style but it is 10% smaller. Tune-O-Matic bridge. You also get a 3-way toggle, 1 tone and 2 volume. It has 2 Humbuckers. Bridge: Gibson 500T Neck: Gibson 496R. It comes with Standard Grover tuners. I bought it with a Gibson Case, a Konig & Meyer "Memphis 10" and a set of Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys.