Faded Double Cut review by Gibson

Gibson: Faded Double Cut

Purchased from: eBay

I like the style of blues but mostly the rock on roll genre of Green Day especially their latest album, American Idiot, where the actual hardware of this guitar is used, i.e its hard rocking P-90 pickups which bring out that Green Day sound. The second guitarist actually uses this official guitar while playing. The sound completely varies from getting a smooth rich sound for solos to the hard rocking Green Day sound.

My overall impressions is great because it sounds exactly the same as the songs I like to play (Green Day) especially when being one of the actual guitars they use, it becomes a perfect match. Billie Joe uses exactly the same hardware on his guitar, just a different body. I've been playing for 3 years now and I own a Fender Strat. I wish I bought an official Gibson case with this guitar but they cost a bomb. If this was stolen, Id be completely gutted and due to it costing 400 I think buying something else it out of the question. I love the lightness, the fact that it's an actual Gibson and the Gibson sound as well as the green day sound. I don't like the body but the sound balances that out. My favourite feature of course are the P-90 pickups. The thing I wish it had was humbuckers on the bridge position fitted with Seymour Duncan Alcino II pickups exactly like Slash's. I wish I could get the Guitar legend's sound out of this guitar however its only fitted with P-90 single pickups.

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing as it is, when Green Day take it on tour, it still sounds as good as it was ever. The P-90 pickups will last a long time however the body doesn't seem that strong.

Unfortunaly the Gibson guitar isn't as good looking as any other Gibson guitars but it's really sound over style and I chose its sound. The pickups are quite loose, and the body is vunerable to damage. The guitar was in perfect condition when bought apart from a few dings. It doesn't go out of tune as much as other Gibsons and there has been no problems with the frets. The wood and size makes it much lighter than other Gibson's or Les Paul copies.