Faded V review by Gibson

Gibson: Faded V

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

I play a bit of classical but mainly rock and metal, I found that the guitar was very versatile because it could play all those types. I have a Boss Metal Zone pedal and I found it worked great with it, I have a Cube 15 amp which is great with the guitar, the guitar's sound was amazing. I have a Squire Telecaster and when I play my Faded V I can tell the difference between sounds instantly.

Overall this guitar is great with anytype of music, but I wouldn't suggest it to classical players because it isn't very comfurtable playing while sitting down. I like the looks of the guitar, the sound, the features and the finish of the guitar. Gibson really does great jobs on making guitars. I would have really like a Faded V with a floyd rose bridge though because playing with the tremelo is fun. When I play my Faded V I feel like as if the Faded V owns my Telecaster.

This guitar can definitly withstand live playing. The guitar feels as if it is still new even though I bought it for 2 years already.

When I bought the guitar it was flawless, nothing much to say here because it was perfect.

The Faded V was made in 2000, USA. It had 24 thin frets with the neck made with mahogany. It had a Tune-O-Matic bridge and had 2 volume controls and 1 tone.