Faded V review by Gibson

• Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Gibson: Faded V

Purchased from: 2

The sound on this guitar is not bad. It suits my playing, which is punk, classic rock, blues, some metal, and most other styles of rock (besides pop-punk and emo). It has a very chunky sound - not for Strat lovers. It is a relatively quiet guitar, though. The worst thing about the sound is the clean tone - not good at all.

First I will say I am not a fan of Gibson. Only their high-end guitars are decent, as are the studios (all overpriced, though). This guitar costs about 700 USD. For that, you can get a great guitar instead of this. I did not buy this guitar, but have played different ones many times and every time had the same result: bad craftmanship. I do not recommend this guitar.

The craftmanship and finish on this guitar is substandard. In person, it looks not red, but pink. it is a very ugly, flat color despite being transparent. The neck is a piece of crap. The sides of the neck were rough and the neck was huge (width) and not very fast at all - very hard to play. No real flaws - everything was in order. The body style looks awesome. That's the only thing I like about this guitar. The feel is just horrible.