Faded V review by Gibson

Gibson: Faded V

Works great with classic rock, hard rock and heavy metal. I use it with a Marshall MG15DFX (going to buy the half-cab version because they are sounding so nice together), Boss Distortion and a DigiTech RP50 Effects Box. If you turn up the tone and distortion all the way on thr bridge pickups, you get some feedback. Pinch harmonics and artifcial harmonics work well giving you a good squeal and by changing the pickups, it gives you a more crunchy sound. All sounds from country to metal.

I play classic rock, hard rock, metal, blues and everything inbetween. This guitar works good with everythign I play. I have been playing 8 months and my only other guitar is a Fender Starcaster (not a Strat). If I lost this, I would buy it again. The faded SG is exactly like this guitar but with a different body, so I might buy the SG just to get a different look. I love the feel of the neck more than anything else on this guitar. I've played true Flying Vs and I hate the neck on those. Real wod is the way to go. The only thing I hate about this guitar is that the wood is soft. I have already have had a number of nicks and dents in it. If you compare it to a Jackson Rhoades guitar, it is easy to play sitting down. You can sit down and play this guitar with your thigh between the V. I love soloing, I wish this guitar had more frets.

The guitar will do well in Live playing, I have spilt water and droped mine several times with no affect to the sound. The only hardware that I might need to change would be the rubber knob on the swich, it screws off sometimes. The strap buttons are solid. I wouldn't throw it around my neck, but they will hold the weight of the guitar no problem. When I play, this is the only guitar I use. No need for a backup. There is no real finish on the guitar, just painted wood. I have already scratched it and got nicks in it too (from dropping it).

The pickups were set very nicely, they aren't loose and wont fall out or in on you. The bridge wasn't offset. It is perfect alignment with the neck. No flaws with the construction of this instrument. There were no signs of misaligned bracing, poorly filed fretwire, finish flaws, poor quality wood, rusted or oxidized hardware, loose tuning pegs, poorly cut nut, poorly fit saddle, noisy pickup selector or loose controls.