Faded V review by Gibson

Gibson: Faded V

Purchased from: Buffalo Creek Guitar

The guitar is very good for blues, up to classic rock. It has a sort of nasally sound though on the higher frets because of the ebony fretboard probably. It is not very good with lower tunings for some reason. It sounds good but not as good as a real metal guitar (B.C. Rich, ESP, Jackson, ect). It has a great sound for those really classic pentatonic leads and heavy rhythms. It sort of lacks in the death metal department though. It just can't get that death metal sound just right. It is not noisy at all if you keep your gain not at 10, and you can roll the volume knobs off some to make it a cleaner sound.

I play all kinds of music from classical to death metal. I've been playing quite a number of years and have a Warlock, 74' Gretsch Chet Atkins, '89 Ovation Celebrity Elite, and a Washburn classical guitar. I would probably buy it again if it was stolen, but there are better guitars out there. This one is good but not the best by far. I personally like my Warlock's feel more then this one but it has a lot of sustaine and punch which gives it an edge over the warlock.

I have never played this guitar live yet. The hardware kinda sucks so I got straplocks on it and may get some new tuners for it. I would probably have a backup guitar just in case, but it does feel pretty solid. But I haven't had it long enough to trust it fully.

The guitar was not set up in the factory as it was used. I had to adjust the bridge height and now the intonation. The pickups are a lil high but that's okay. The bridge is fine, there are no problems there besides the intonation. The only real problem I can say for this guitar is the tuners are pretty crappy. You might wanna change them for some grovers. They really have a hard time staying in tune long.

The Gibson Faded V I own was made in 2003 in Tennessee. It is top notch for American quality guitar at an affordable price. The guitar comes Standard with a set neck, 22 frets, and an ebony fingerboard. The guitar has a faded cherry finish that makes the wood grain really show which is nicer then a paint finish. It has a mahogany body, mahogany neck, and ebony fretboard. The tuners are basically Gibson tuners, not grovers (to keep the price low). It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge which helps sustaine alot. The pickups are a 496R and a 500T by Gibson, Standard for most Gibson guitars. It has 3 knobs, 2 volumes for your pickups and a tone knob.