Faded V review by Gibson

Gibson: Faded V

The Faded V sounds great distorted and holds it's own clean even through my Fender Bullet dsp 150. There is little feedback unless I have the amp turned all the way up (more of an amp problem). The two pickups contrast eachother well. The bridge gives a good deep punch perfect for the metalhead in me, and the neck gives more of a bright sound perfect for higher frets. I have played varying styles with it, and it has handled all of them well, especially any rock or metal.

Being a beginning rock/metal player this guitar is absolutely even more than I could need. There is only one guitar I have seen since buying this that I think I would have purchased instead (if you really want to know it is a Schecter V-1 Hellraiser FR); however, I have no regrets. I love everything about this gorgeous piece of ART, especially the comfort (even sitting down). If it were stolen the thief would rue the day they were born, and I would most likely buy it again if I had the money. I highly recommend this guitar to anyone looking for a good guitar that can handle a wide variety of rock music.

I have only had the guitar for 2 months but it has proved itself so far. I'm not good enough to play Live, but I'm confindent in this baby to put on an awesome show. I have had a strap on it since I bought it, and have had no problems with the buttons. I'm not sure about how long the finish will last, but I'm pretty careful with it so it won't be a problem.

This is where the only problem I had with the guitar came up. The action was set up well, and the electronics were perfect. The finish is absolutely gorgeous no imperfections yet. The strings were absolutely dead. The guy at my local guitar shop even stated that they should never have shipped it with such poor strings. Also the bridge pickup was way too high to the point where I was getting pickup buzz. With a little set-up and strings replaced, this thing was perfect. Ever since the new strings were stretched out I haven't even had to tune for like a week.

This beauty of a guitar was made in the USA, not sure what year (probably 07 or 08 since I purchased it new). It has 22 near perfectly sized frets on a thin and wide neck which make for great comfort and speed. The finish is a satin worn cherry on a classic mahogany v-shaped body and neck, with a rosewood fretboard. The pickups are stock Gibson 496 bridge and 500 neck humbuckers. It has a tune-o-matic bridge, stop-bar tailpiece, and Gibson deluxe tuners all are chrome and hold the tune quite well. There are two volume, one tone, and one 3 way pick-up Switch. The only included accessory was a padded gig bag.