Faded V review by Gibson

Gibson: Faded V

This is what really stands out in this guitar, its got a very peculiar sound, I love it, I play about everything except jazz and country and this guitar handles all I throw at it very very well, you can really tell why it's a Gibson, sustains beautifully, the harmonics are rich and full, it manages distortion like no other, overdriven it sings, cleans are powerfull and clear, and it manages all the effects of my pedalboard better than my other guitars. I own an Orange Crush 30R and a Fender hot rod deville... the key for unleashing the tone of this guitar is a tube amp, the studio where I practice and record has a Marshall jcm 900 and wow, it's tone heaven I swear. There's a thing about the middle position, both pickups running together that I can only describe as magic, there's really something going there.

Overall I'm blown away with this one, it was cheaper than my Fender Highway One Telecaster and manages a lot of styles better, I had the misconception this guitar was made for metal only... Maybe the looks? However since I started playing guitar I always wanted a V, and now that I have it and played it for three years I'm in love. I've read a lot about the quality issues with Gibsons lately but to me this guitar is in perfect condition. I also heard that playing this guitar seated was too uncomfortable, it actually took me a week to get used to it, but since then I think it's the most comfortable guitar to play seated, its so close to play standing up that feels natural after a while. I highly recommend the faded v, its a shame the price tag on this is nearly the double now. There's a lot of great guitars at that price range to compete with this one. But still I think is one of the best ones out there. Love it, the 9 is pretty realistic, there's les paul customs, es-355s, high end paul reed smiths and top of the line fenders out there, but I assure you you're getting a lot for the money.

Its not a reliable as a tele, but it's very well built, it actually has endured a lot of falls and impacts with walls, mic stands and other instruments. The hardware looks as new three years later, I'd never gig without a backup, string breakage anyone? The finish wears kind of easy, but that's the whole point of the faded series.

This point is very relative to me as any guitar needs a set up, every player has personal preferences, I'm very skilled with set ups so I didn't have a problem with my V. Actually it has the lowest action of all my guitars and there's not even a little buzz. Everything else was perfect.

Mine is a 2007 made in Tennesse, 22 jumbo frets, rosewood fretboard, mahogany neck and body, the neck profile is between the 50's round neck and the 60's slim tapper so it's comfortable and makes this a very easy playing guitar, nitro finish without the clear coats which looks cool and let's the wood vibrate freely, a very solid Tune-O-Matic bridge, two volumes one tone, 496R and 500T pickups which are very hot but versatile at the same time, it has Vintage Gibson green key tulip tuners which work very well and look classic and classy. Came with gig bag.